Mid season (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So we are now at exactly mid season in the league and I just noticed that in the first half our longest streak of wins was TWO wins in a row. We managed to do that TWO times the entire half season.

Here are our results, do you think we can win some of the games that at least ended with miserable draws?

Sun, Aug 29 at Bari L 0-1
Sun, Sep 12 Sampdoria D 3-3
Sun, Sep 19 at Udinese W 4-0
Thu, Sep 23 Palermo L 1-3
Sun, Sep 26 Cagliari W 4-2
Sun, Oct 3 at Inter Milan D 0-0
Sun, Oct 17 Lecce W 4-0
Sun, Oct 24 at Bologna D 0-0
Sat, Oct 30 at AC Milan W 2-1
Sun, Nov 7 Cesena W 3-1
Wed, Nov 10 at Brescia D 1-1
Sat, Nov 13 AS Roma D 1-1
Sun, Nov 21 at Genoa W 2-0
Sat, Nov 27 Fiorentina D 1-1
Sun, Dec 5 at Catania W 3-1
Sun, Dec 12 Lazio W 2-1
Sun, Dec 19 at Chievo Verona D 1-1
Thu, Jan 6 Parma L 1-4
Sun, Jan 9 at Napoli L 0-3

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We are always unpredictable against average teams. If we manage to win against them and get our heads back we'll see ourselves in better position.

Also considering the fact that we're playing both Milan and Inter in Turin should be an advantage to us.

If we're not capable of winning the first 4 matches out of 5 in the 2nd leg then it's obvious we're going to struggle against average or weak teams till the end of the league.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
People will like to compare our points tally to last seasons, but I believe this season we have played a lot better and looked much more like a team, even in games we've lost or drawn. Plenty of work to do, but no time for slashing wrists yet.

I believe we can get out of this rut and have a positive finish to the season. Dai ragazzi!

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
Few of those draws were due some magic gk action or lack of luck and not us playing badly so we just need to find some consistency.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    After the home loss to Palermo we had a string of three good games, then came the horrible unlucky game against Bologna when Krasic dived and Iaquinta aped.

We went afterwards to beat Milan on their home ground and enjoy a comfortable win against Cesena.

These seven games were our best, after that it started to become strange, we struggled a lot and weren't being able to find consistency. If I were Del Neri, I would go back and make the team watch these seven games and work on building upon them.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    After the home loss to Palermo we had a string of three good games, then came the horrible unlucky game against Bologna when Krasic dived and Iaquinta aped.
    Iaquinta's penalty and Chievo's last min equalizer hurts bad. I'm not over them yet.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bologna: We controlled the game and missed a penalty (Thanks Iaq)
    Brescia: Did you see their goal? Even spiderman couldn't stop that shit.
    Roma: We raped them, Iaqs missed chance and their lucky penalty.
    Fiorentina: The fuck Motta, their GK saved their ass
    Chievo: Red card and 90 min goal.

All in common: unlucky!!

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    Bologna: We controlled the game and missed a penalty (Thanks Iaq)
    Brescia: Did you see their goal? Even spiderman couldn't stop that shit.
    Roma: We raped them, Iaqs missed chance and their lucky penalty.
    Fiorentina: The fuck Motta, their GK saved their ass
    Chievo: Red card and 90 min goal.

All in common: unlucky!!
    No that's not unlucky mostly it's just dumb play from our team, they need to show that the game is over and not let the opponent attack all the time.
    Our opponents should get the feeling that they can't beat us instead of keeping faith that they draw us. It's DelNeri's job to give that feeling to our players and they need to show that on the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)