Michel Bastos - LW - Olympique Lyonnais (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
There's gonna be a bidding war for Hazard.
He'll end up at Madrid or Chelsea most likely. Unless Wenger was managed to squeeze some sort of pre-contract deal with the club.
Really doubt it, I really think he's close to arsenal and they'll probably pay just 15 million euros for the guy (again wenger is pretty good in getting that type of players for such a bargain prices).

If we only saved those 13 millions that we've spent on Martinez + add few millions and instead pushed hard for a real talent such as Hazard, what a buy that would be for us.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I have not seen Gourcuff much for Lyon.. he looked pretty awesome before. Maybe cuz he is not doing well Juve could sign him but if he can't handle pressure it would not make much sense. I am just hoping we can get a top left sided player. Hazard is interesting and 15-20 million would be reasonable given the money we have thrown around on mid level players. Like if we dont take the option on Pepe (7.5m) and sell Amauri (10m) we could pay for him. Arsenal are pretty good in the winger position with Nasri, Arshavin, Walcott and Rosicky. Are hoping Hazard joins your team or do you want them to put money elsewhere?
Ya like i said, i think Gourcuff is a big fish in a small pond kind of player.

Rosicky is past it and he's injury prone. Arshavin has been quite poor for some time now, so i actually wish we do go for Hazard, but if and only if we get ourselves a centerback first.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm arguing in vain with you guys. Giovinco is real good going forward? elia didn't create a goal yesterday with a backheel? nani never tracks back and rarely had end product till recently. It's w.e we can keep buying pepe style wingers who offer nothing going forward
Nani is a player who can decide the outcome of a match on his own, is a pretty complete winger, with excellent passing and crossing, complemented by rather high speed and good dribbeling.
Most importand his actions nearly allways create goal scoring opportunities, and he is an importand part in the build up of plenty of goals at man utd.

elia and giovinco rarely do something that actually led to a goal, unless its a counterattack. fast technical players arez allways good on counters.
when a team is building up however, its an entirely diffrent thing.

NO, we shouldnt get new pepe's, i agree on that
But, we should eighter get wingers who can are defensively adequate while offering a decent attacking endproduct, OR get wingers that dont have much defending, but make up for that with an excellent attacking endproduct.

the first kind is expensive, but in our reach, unless its world class
the second kind is not in our reach, unless marotta pulls a terrific move

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hazard is over €20m now IMO, and I think he'd be worth it.
plenty of talent, but his mentality is the big question

i remember our national coach not fielding him cause he slacked at trainings, didnt do what was asked during a match, and simular stories at his club.
right now he's doing good so everyone seems to have forgotten
i hope he is past it, but i'm not certain of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)