Michel Bastos - LW - Olympique Lyonnais (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How about no more Italians? If we're going to discuss nationality, then it's pretty clear we have enough Italians. Time to look elsewhere and stop settling for mediocre Pepe's and Iaquintas.

Sign Neymar, Bastos and all the Brazilians we can.

Buy on AliExpress.com

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Not going to happen. Lyon bought him for 18m last season and they are smart club when it comes to sell their players. Even Cisskho cost them 14m last season and they already deny the rumor regarding us and Cissokho.. I don't think Marotta will splash above 10m or even 15m for LB

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i don't hate brazilian players. but they are very overpriced just for the name of their nation when some of them isn't that quality.

that's my point!!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ok, examples? And is it exclusive to Brazilians? I usually dont like Andy's bashing of italian players, but how is it any different with them? Or better yet, they are more true to your point for sure then Brazilians, while in general not offering as much quality.

And its really simple, generalizing is bad and counterproductive, its much simpler and senseful to talk about the player himself, instead of badmouth a whole footie nation (when they are the most successful footie nation there is). You cant give up on and dismiss all brazilian players because of a doofus like Amauri or such. Would you say no to Maicon or Juan just because they are brazilian? Many many examples to mention, but thats for example what you are doing when you dismiss all brazilians like that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have nothing against Italian players if they're good, like Marchisio or Cheillini or Cassano. What I dislike are the calls to buy players just because they are Italian. Same with the notion of refusing to buy players because they are of a certain nationality. All of that is BS.

And stop hating on Italian players, Osman.

Italians like Amauri deserve more respect. :jvefan:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
One of Calciomercato`s today titles says: Bastos surpassa Krasic
Does it mean we now want Bastos more than Krasic?
2nd thing lets say we get him. Is he going to play as our new LB or as a LW?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
One of Calciomercato`s today titles says: Bastos surpassa Krasic
Does it mean we now want Bastos more than Krasic?
2nd thing lets say we get him. Is he going to play as our new LB or as a LW?
Change of plans - we're going after Bastos and if not, Vargas. *(meeting between our board was held this morning). We want some advanced full back so it reduces the chances of seeing Krasic here.

It's what they (Tuttosport) say.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Dzeko met with Hoeness yesterday according to Tuttosport.

If they say he maybe for sale Marotta could offer more.

Tuttosport :disagree:

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
I dont think Bastos is coming, it's just a media rumour. We are stuck with both Grosso and De Ceglie and were not going to spend more than 15 million on another LB. And personally, it would be a stupid move.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So we are going for other non eu paying him 15M while we could have got a proven LB in serie a in Kolarov for about the same price and keep our option to sign a non eu

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
There's always someone who comes out with something ridiculous in a transfer thread, God save Hazem :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)