Miccoli Looking Forward (2 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
But i don't think Miccoli skill is comparable with anyone of those you mentioned.

And i saw him a couple of times playin' as a winger with perugia. he will be perfect for us only if we use the 4-2-3-1 system.

anyway we will have to wait and see there is nothin to lose.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Has anyone thought of Nickname for him?
Miccoli Piccoli ;) :D It rhymes, and Piccoli means small/short :angel: I'm not making fun of him, I think it's sweet.

And his height, as far as I saw it, never was a problem, not with Perugia, not with the Azzurri. His speed and great movements make up for everything.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Miccoli Piccoli ;) :D It rhymes, and Piccoli means small/short :angel: I'm not making fun of him, I think it's sweet.

And his height, as far as I saw it, never was a problem, not with Perugia, not with the Azzurri. His speed and great movements make up for everything.
Great nickname!:cool:.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Miccoli was really good yesterday and after watching him play and interact with all the other players I’m more convinced than ever that he’s going to be our star. Even the supporters realized this, as whenever he touched the ball, he was greeted with claps and chants. The biggest crowd shout was when he scored, even more than when DP or the other players did. Clearly a fan favourite.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I agree with an opinion stated somewhere in this thread. We could really use Miccoli somwhere down the flanks where not much height is needed. But we'd need to sign another back-up striker if that was the case.

Imagine this guys speed, and I heard he's also a bit strong for such a minute figure. He can easily muscle-off his way on one-on-one situations against wing-back and get closer in at goal for an option to shoot or draw the defense and lay it off for either Ale or David.

What do you guys think?

Hey, that was a good idea!

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
I agree with an opinion stated somewhere in this thread. We could really use Miccoli somwhere down the flanks where not much height is needed. But we'd need to sign another back-up striker if that was the case.

Imagine this guy's speed, and I heard he's also a bit strong for such a minute figure. He can easily muscle-off his way on one-on-one situations against wing-back and get closer in at goal for an option to shoot or draw the defense and lay it off for either Ale or David.

What do you guys think?

Primo

Dec 20, 2002

Imagine this guy's speed, and I heard he's also a bit strong for such a minute figure. He can easily muscle-off his way on one-on-one situations against wing-back and get closer in at goal for an option to shoot or draw the defense and lay it off for either Ale or David.

What do you guys think?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
from what i saw today miccoli was very motivated and tried to score always and i think thats what we need someone whos motivated at all times and wanting to score more and more goals

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I think leaving Miccoli just on the flanks would be depriving us of a good scorer and assist man. He's better off starting in the middle and moving around on a free role where he can make as much damage as he wants.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Not a bad idea either. Well, you have a good point there. It would be a waste to put someone as hungry for goals as Miccoli down on the flanks.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I think leaving Miccoli just on the flanks would be depriving us of a good scorer and assist man. He's better off starting in the middle and moving around on a free role where he can make as much damage as he wants.
I agree but then he will have to fill Nedved Place.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
yeah and then nedved could go on the flanks:

---------------Buffon-----------------
Thuram---Lego--Mont----Zamboy
-----Davids-------------Tachi-------
Nedved-----Miccoli--------Del Piero
------------Trez/Di Viao--------------

i dont know, i dont like it that much, but yeah...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hey don't forget that Real play in that way, and theoretically Zidane starts on the left midfield, but we all know that he roams around freely all over the pitch. I think that should be the same for Nedved and would fix the problem of where to put him.

Last season we were very cynic and strong as a team, lacking that bit of flair and creativity (except for Nedved). This year if we play Miccoli, we shall have that creativity that we lacked last season.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
definitely an imposing lineup,but i don't think trez should be all alone up there, he's not reliable enough to be a lone striker.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I am convinced that Miccoli is the new DP/Totti of Italy. He is an awkward guy to deal with. His height is a virtue in a way - he has such a low centre of gravity and he is bloody strong and fast and is almost as good on the ball as Del Piero (who is much weaker and slower). The other things is that his work rate is second to none and he has a moster right foot (and is not too shaby with his left either). He can play anywhere on the field in an attacking sense.

As a player I think Miccoli has the characteristics to be better than Del Piero and could perhaps even take priority in the squad. Del Piero has the edge in terms of experience, leadership and what he means to the club.

I see this being our formation:

-------------------Buffon-------------------

------------Legro---Montero-------------
Thuram---------------------------Zambro
-------------Tacch---Davids--------------

------Miccoli----------------Nedved-------

------------Trez----Del Piero--------------

The 4-2-3-1 is similar but I think the above is a better representation because DP does not have the work rate or energy level to play too deep. Nedved & Miccoli can change flanks at will cause they would almost be equally as comfortable on both sides although they won't play too far out on the flanks because Thuram and Zambro will move up a lot to supply the crosses. Tacch will end up playing just in front of the 2 centre backs to provide enough cover while the fullbacks push up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)