Miccoli Looking Forward (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
players such as nedved and del piero naturally go out to the flanks as much in the middle, so i think by having miccoli, nedved and del piero behind will be fine.

it wont really isolate trez as long as we dont put long balls to him expecting him to take on 2 tall central defenders in the air. by having DP, Neddy and Miccoli, we should be able to work the ball well from when tacchinardi and davids work it to them. I see no reason at all why Trez would be isolated if he has miccoli, del piero and nedved constantly supporting him from behind and creating behind him.

like i said, we cant afford to just kick it long, so the likes of tacchinardi, davids, appiah and maresca will all have to be on top of their game to win the ball and distribute well to those three attacking players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
miccoli can easily have a starting place if he manages to change his style a bit and play as a forward without coming from deep so much.in other words,he replaces trez,but plays as a conventional forward instead of a striker.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
I am convinced that Miccoli is the new DP/Totti of Italy. He is an awkward guy to deal with. His height is a virtue in a way - he has such a low centre of gravity and he is bloody strong and fast and is almost as good on the ball as Del Piero (who is much weaker and slower). The other things is that his work rate is second to none and he has a moster right foot (and is not too shaby with his left either). He can play anywhere on the field in an attacking sense.

As a player I think Miccoli has the characteristics to be better than Del Piero and could perhaps even take priority in the squad. Del Piero has the edge in terms of experience, leadership and what he means to the club.

I see this being our formation:

-------------------Buffon-------------------

------------Legro---Montero-------------
Thuram---------------------------Zambro
-------------Tacch---Davids--------------

------Miccoli----------------Nedved-------

------------Trez----Del Piero--------------

The 4-2-3-1 is similar but I think the above is a better representation because DP does not have the work rate or energy level to play too deep. Nedved & Miccoli can change flanks at will cause they would almost be equally as comfortable on both sides although they won't play too far out on the flanks because Thuram and Zambro will move up a lot to supply the crosses. Tacch will end up playing just in front of the 2 centre backs to provide enough cover while the fullbacks push up.
yeah maybe this could work.

is more or less the formation that Lippi used in the last match?.
hey but we were not donated by milan with this formation?

riza

Jul 20, 2002
My Greates formation Is

------------------------------Gigi------------------------------

--Thuram--------Tudor------Legrotaglie--------Zambro--

--Camoranesi----Maresca----Tachinardi-----Nedved--

-----------------Miccoli---------------DP-----------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)