Miccoli keen to impress (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
Fabrizio Miccoli is hopeful that he can finally deliver for Juventus after a difficult first season in Turin.

The Italian struggled to make a significant impact at the Delle Alpi but he’s eager to silence his critics.

"I could have done better last term but I always looked to give my best when I was called upon," he stated.

"Yet I have great faith in new boss Fabio Capello. He knows how desperate I am to do well after last season. I feel that he respects me and I respect him."

Miccoli looks set to remain at the club despite being associated with a move away given the tough competition for places.

"I’m content that David Trezeguet has remained because he scores plenty of goals," he added.

"Del Piero? I have no problem with him. After all, we did well when we played together last season."

But what if Juve sign Christian Vieri too? "I would be surprised to see Vieri here but only because he has been with Inter for the last five years," he noted.

"As far as I’m aware, my name hasn’t been a part of any transfer negotiations. I want to stay here at all costs even if a new striker does arrive this summer."

There are some sections of the media who believe Miccoli could make an impact under Capello in a similar way to how Antonio Cassano did with Roma last season.

"Don’t call me Juventus’ Cassano," he responded. "He has already got to certain levels by playing well and scoring goals, while I still have to prove myself at the highest levels."

Miccoli was also confident that he could return to the international scene after his Euro 2004 disappointment following the arrival of Marcello Lippi.

"I’m happy that Lippi has landed the national team job because I know that I will be considered for the squad," he concluded.

Lippi, Miccoli’s boss at Juventus last term, has replaced Giovanni Trapattoni on the Azzurri bench.

I hope for him that he can show how good he is and that Capello has faith in him!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Del Piero should become our playmaker. He hasn't got enough pace anymore to play striker. I know he hates that position, but if he won't play there we'll soon hate him.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I agree, he has all the skills needed to function there.

I remember he performed well in that role in the Italy-Wales game.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rushy ] ++
Miccoli is gonna suprise us this season...
If by that you mean he's gonna play well, that wouldn't be a surprise to me at all :strong:

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Rushy ] ++
Miccoli is gonna suprise us this season...
I hope so..cos if he really insisits that he won't sit on the bench...then We should expect him to be having a wonderful fighting spirit which would be good to Juventus

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think if del piero doesnt perform well, capello wont keep on starting him like lippi did. capello isnt one for taking much shit from a player.

i really hope del piero or miccoli are not considered as being our playmakers because both dont play their best in that position. id rather moggi just bought a true playmaker and alternated the two again upfront.

i think its time Miccoli starts getting more chances, even if it means del piero has to sit on the bench. he plays better coming off the bench anyway.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i really hope del piero or miccoli are not considered as being our playmakers because both dont play their best in that position. id rather moggi just bought a true playmaker and alternated the two again upfront.
I'm with you.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i actually think he isnt capable anymore. he is slow, hasnt been showing much form lately either. he may come out guns blazing, but if this is the case, its only from the supporting striker role that it will happen, not behind the forwards.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I actually thought Miccoli's pretty fast :down:

Maybe it's the small steps that made it look that way :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)