Miccoli aims Euro Goal (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Miccoli bets on Euro glory
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

Fabrizio Miccoli has pledged to walk from Turin to his hometown Lecce if Juventus lift the Champions’ League trophy.

“I hope to deserve a place in the Italy squad,” admitted the new starlet, “but first I would like to win something big with Juve.”

“I swear that if we win the European trophy this season I will walk all the way home to my parents’ house. But of course the Scudetto is hardly something to sniff at either.”

Marcello Lippi's men are the only side in the competition, along with Real Madrid, who maintain a 100 per cent record so far this season.

The Bianconeri last ruled the Continent in 1996, but have since lost three Finals, the most recent against Milan at Old Trafford.

Miccoli was making his mark at Perugia during that period and is now being compared to the likes of Romario and Toto Schillaci.

“These are improbable comparisons,” insisted the pint-sized forward. “Those are eternal legends of the game. I am happy just to be called Fabrizio Miccoli.”

There are idols closer to home for the former Ternana man who first came to Juve’s attention in Serie B.

“Alessandro Del Piero is simply the best in my opinion, but the Golden Ball should go to Pavel Nedved this year.”

The newcomer did not have a particularly fortunate start to his Turin career, as within hours of his Serie A debut he was rushed to hospital to have his appendix removed.

“It is true that it wasn’t always easy,” he concedes, “but now things are going great for me. I scored a brace against Ancona and am really settling into this new role as a Trequartista.”

Miccoli is moved around the field as a replacement for the injured Del Piero and is taking on a variety of tactical positions.

“I played as a support striker at Perugia, but the important thing is to be ready for change and able to help out the Coach. I had never played out on the right, but now I’m there it is very enjoyable.”

Miccoli will start this Sunday against Brescia and aims to use his blistering pace to beat opponents.

“After all,” he smiled, “if you take away the ability to run quickly from a tiny fellow like myself, there isn’t a lot left.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is fine here.. specially the del piero part :).

But i dont understand something... about the lecce thing..

If we win the champions league, he will accept a deal to play with lecce.... or he will walk away añl the way from turin to lecce?

:confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    oops, wrong forum...

mods move this to player talk pleasE!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    He will walk from his house to Lecce :eek:

I don't really agree with his Schillaci comparision. Toto was a good opportunistic player and definitely not as technical as Miccoli.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Schillaci was one of my favorite players... he just disappeared all of a sudden :down:

What impresses me about Miccoli is how quickly he has adapted inspite of the minor problems - like the layoff due to his Appendicitis.

But every time he goes out there, its a treat to watch him play.

Forza Fabrizio !

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    Schillaci was one of my favorite players... he just disappeared all of a sudden :down:

What impresses me about Miccoli is how quickly he has adapted inspite of the minor problems - like the layoff due to his Appendicitis.

But every time he goes out there, its a treat to watch him play.

Forza Fabrizio !
    Its because he have talent and is good. When you are good,, you can play everywhere;)

ah and because he plays like romario :D

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I think that Tudor have to go with him... to gain some match fitness :)

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    :eek:

He will spend the whole summer vacations and the pre-season in that trip.

Miccoli is in deep shit now :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    DEEP SHIT! Man, hes probably regretting saying that... But it would be pretty cool, like in the movie forrest gump, there will be people following him all around. it would actually make him a lot more popular. Maybe even helicopters will follow him... ;)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Abt the Leece thing...... he's making sound as if he doesn't think that we will win the CL this year :undecide:

but, i will just assume that what he meant was like ... if it meant that Juve could win the CL this year.... he would walk all the way to Leece.

'Miccoli will start this Sunday against Brescia and aims to use his blistering pace to beat opponents.'
    Yeah!!! Forza Mico!!!!

I'll be watching you little speedy!!!! :strong:

“After all,” he smiled, “if you take away the ability to run quickly from a tiny fellow like myself, there isn’t a lot left.”
    :LOL: :LOL: cute!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)