Mexes officially a Roma player, but how? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
"Roma boss Cesare Prandelli says he was only happy with the performance of Philippe Mexes after a 4-1 loss to Rangers."

I got that from Channel4 and they say that Mexes took part in Roma's friendly defeat to Rangers yesterday, so obviously he's a Roma player now, but I don't understand how. Channel4 go on to say that the defender has joined the Capital club but a deal has not been agreed as of yet. Is that legal? I wasn't aware that you could go and play for a club and then have the fee finalised some time in the future. Sounds like BS to me. Can anyone clear it up?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
dangerous team next season, i woldnt take the 4-1 loss seriously...next year they should give us a spanking when we play them....unless a micco/blasi/kapo/enzo/trez gain some world class form....or the unthinkable return of the real dp....with this team we currently have we will get spanked.

Jul 28, 2002
that nacho novo looks like a pretty decent threat....when the bhoy's loose Lars, the blues get Novo...is this the new rangers era?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Mexes is not Roma's yet. Since this is a friendly and not an official match anyone can play.

For example Zola will be playing one last match for Chelsea next month as a farewell...even though he's not a Chelsea player he can still play since it's a friendly.

Mexes situation will be resolved by FIFA tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Mexes is not Roma's yet. Since this is a friendly and not an official match anyone can play.

For example Zola will be playing one last match for Chelsea next month as a farewell...even though he's not a Chelsea player he can still play since it's a friendly.

Mexes situation will be resolved by FIFA tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.
Are you serious? So Totti can play a friendly for Juventus? This is possible? Never knew.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Are you serious? So Totti can play a friendly for Juventus? This is possible? Never knew.
u dont need official registration to play a friendly... there are a lot of case where players can play for both team in a match...

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Why doesn't Moggi steal Mexes from Roma now, when the negotiations are stuck......I wanna see the look on Sensi's face if that happens......CUT FACE!!! :D

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Neither me.

PS. Btw, Matteo Ferrari trained with Roma this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)