Metallica - St. Anger???? (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Any Metallica fans in here????

Tell me what you think of new album - St. Anger... I haven't really heard much yet, just one song, St. Anger...

I'm really looking forward to it. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?

I've been listening to Metallica all my life. I'm no fanatic, I just own the albums... My favorite albums is "Ride the lightning" - "Master of puppets" - "Black album" - "Reload" and "S&M"
I don't like "Load" and "Kill 'em all".

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I listened st. anger yesterday..........................

Very very dissapointed,,,well, not really disapointed, first because im not a hardcore fan of metallica, and 2nd because i was expecting something like that.

Hey this song is too weird,,,is like 4 manicas playing senseless things,,,,bad bad bad.

And especially if oyu reminds masterpieces like "One"(IMO one of the best metal song ever created) or "NOthing else matters"

I think that this is the end of metallica

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Wow... doesn't sound good... :down:

Don't know if it's the end though... People also said that back in 96' when "Load" was released...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    nothing like these songs:
    "nothing else matters"
    "Unforgiven"
    "unforgiven II"
    "fade to black"
    :thumb:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    They will not be the same again,,for many reasons,,,

-They are not anymore the same young boys that were hungry of succes and passion. Those times were the golden era of metal, and they must be with a lot of influences and competiton everywhere.

Now, they are very rich,,,are very famous, and they dont need to be playing anymore......the spark in the band have burned up.
    They really have to hang his instruments!!,

They remember Hierro to me in some way,,, damaging a very succesfull carrer like rockers.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    They will not be the same again,,for many reasons,,,

-They are not anymore the same young boys that were hungry of succes and passion. Those times were the golden era of metal, and they must be with a lot of influences and competiton everywhere.

Now, they are very rich,,,are very famous, and they dont need to be playing anymore......the spark in the band have burned up.
    They really have to hang his instruments!!,

They remember Hierro to me in some way,,, damaging a very succesfull carrer like rockers.
    here's another reason: they dont drink as much anymore ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

here's another reason: they dont drink as much anymore ;)
    maybe not the whole band,,,but hetfield was in a alcohol program before record that cd,,he wqas on a serious alcoholism problem

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    I was just reading a interview with Ulrich...

He says that they're still going strong, still partying, rocking and rollin' and all that crap... except from the drugs and the alcohol. Well... they still drink, but not as much cuz of Hetfields problem.

He also says that the wild days will probably be over soon. They've got their families and shit to think about. But they wont stop playing! :)

Did you know that Lars is actually good friends with Bill Clinton??? In the interview he tells a story about him. They were drinking in some hotel... Bill should be quite the party animal :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    I can write a long review if anyones interested.

I can say from the start, I'm pretty much a fanatic Metallica fan, and together with Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix they are my musical idols. I skipped to school to wait in front of the record store to buy it June 5th.

The new album is different. If you only like the Loads you won't like this. It's heavy, it's raw and brutal. There are no songs like NEM and the Unforgiven. I love those songs, but they don't fit into this album, and to me they are nor missed. They've already made those songs. My current favs from the album are: Some Kind of Monster, Frantic, Sweet Amber and All Within My Hands.

I can't really compare it to any of the other albums, perhaps what describes it best is that it's very different from the Black Album. Much less produced, and where they in 92 tried to get more melodic and commercial they are here trying to go the other way. I think they succeed.

No solos on the album, they tried putting them in, it didn't work. I don't miss them. The entire album was made in the studio and all the songs were written there through jam sessions, and that's very much the feel of the album. Metallica jammin on some butal riffs.

As for Rob Trujillo, he doesn't play on the album, but he's a very good bass player. Only problem is that he doesn't do much backup vocals, so Kirk handles most of that, and he doesn't have the same wonderful growling voice as Jason Newsted.

majj

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

I can say from the start, I'm pretty much a fanatic Metallica fan, and together with Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix they are my musical idols. I skipped to school to wait in front of the record store to buy it June 5th.

The new album is different. If you only like the Loads you won't like this. It's heavy, it's raw and brutal. There are no songs like NEM and the Unforgiven. I love those songs, but they don't fit into this album, and to me they are nor missed. They've already made those songs. My current favs from the album are: Some Kind of Monster, Frantic, Sweet Amber and All Within My Hands.

I can't really compare it to any of the other albums, perhaps what describes it best is that it's very different from the Black Album. Much less produced, and where they in 92 tried to get more melodic and commercial they are here trying to go the other way. I think they succeed.

No solos on the album, they tried putting them in, it didn't work. I don't miss them. The entire album was made in the studio and all the songs were written there through jam sessions, and that's very much the feel of the album. Metallica jammin on some butal riffs.

As for Rob Trujillo, he doesn't play on the album, but he's a very good bass player. Only problem is that he doesn't do much backup vocals, so Kirk handles most of that, and he doesn't have the same wonderful growling voice as Jason Newsted.

god you should work for NME!!! never was a metallica fan! always prefered soundgarden or pearl jam. oh and nirvan b4 kurt decided to shoot himself in the end and that was the end of them! shame that cuz the guy had talent man.:down:

just bought the new audioslave album and it kicks ass man!!!very very good!!!:D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by majj ] ++
    always prefered soundgarden or pearl jam. oh and nirvan b4 kurt decided to shoot himself in the end and that was the end of them! shame that cuz the guy had talent man.:down:

just bought the new audioslave album and it kicks ass man!!!very very good!!!:D
    Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are great, Pearl Jam are one of my favourite bands, loads of wonderful songs.

majj

Jun 4, 2003
    damn right they are! their first album ten was just out of this world and hey 'im still alive':D

have you heaard chris cornells album euphoria morning?

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16

Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are great, Pearl Jam are one of my favourite bands, loads of wonderful songs.
    oh... so we do agree on something after all ;)

BTW, thanks for the review :thumb:
    I've heard alot of bad shit, but also some positive things about it. I'll buy it... after all I got all the others so why stop now?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++

oh... so we do agree on something after all ;)

BTW, thanks for the review :thumb:
    I've heard alot of bad shit, but also some positive things about it. I'll buy it... after all I got all the others so why stop now?
    Yeah, I also read a ton of crap, mostly on the official Metallica board. But the people on that board...

Just keep an open mind. It's not Master of Puppets 2, try and forget it's even Metallica and play it loud trough a good pair of earphones, that's vital. Especially the LOUD part.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

Yes,, i was expecting thjat kind of review. No solos?, well
    Yes,,,the whole album for me is a lot of vrazy things and agressive riff with no sense or feeling.

Its over.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Yes,, i was expecting thjat kind of review. No solos?, well
    Yes,,,the whole album for me is a lot of vrazy things and agressive riff with no sense or feeling.

Its over.
    It has LOADS of feeling, you can't deny that. It's an angry, angry record.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    sounds like complete shit to me.

Nothing like the metallica of old. The metallica of old weren't even that special, but now they really suck.

St Anger is just noise. And the new album has no solos, sux..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)