Metal, in all shapes and sizes (5 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Album is kind of disappointing... Sounds like they tried to mix their last album and Crack The Skye but it isn't as catchy as OMRTS or as musically interesting as Crack The Skye so it's just kind of meddling. I want to like it but I'm not hearing anything special. Sultan's Curse and Precious Stones are probably the best tracks but overall it's fairly forgettable, it sounds like Mastodon but just a rehash of the previous stuff without the catchiness.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Not a troll question, just curious for your answers.

I have asked many people what do they find interesting, worth listening, pleasing or just plain good music in metal stuff, would be interested to hear what your reasons are behind liking it?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Riff? Just that? Isn't it hard rock's place to riff? Besides my question should have been more accurate. I meant in todays metal - doom, death, dark, stoner or whatever other word there is to describe that sonic mayhem.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Don't really listen to that kind of music so can't answer

Sludge is probably the heaviest I listen to. Try listening to Panopticon by ISIS, one of the best metal albums ever. Don't let the first 30 seconds put you off :p Most of the album is pretty ethereal

- - - Updated - - -

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Not a troll question, just curious for your answers.

I have asked many people what do they find interesting, worth listening, pleasing or just plain good music in metal stuff, would be interested to hear what your reasons are behind liking it?
the sound of the distorted guitar, mainly. rock/metal is simple, powerful, rhythm based, and with the best bands of the genre, you do get some brilliant songs which would be pleasing to listen to even if they were arranged like a pop song. i'm a sucker for skilled players, too. also, i'm not an english native, i would be lying if i said i understand all lyrics, but rock/metal bands have some cool lyrics, too, that i could identify with when i was 14.

oddly enough, most metal records of my childhood sound like shit, but i didn't realized that when i got into metal. i just thought master of puppets or souls of black sound cooler than some random rick astley or paula abdul hit i've heard in the radio.

- - - Updated - - -

Riff? Just that? Isn't it hard rock's place to riff? Besides my question should have been more accurate. I meant in todays metal - doom, death, dark, stoner or whatever other word there is to describe that sonic mayhem.
you mean like:

i admit it's freaking exhausting to listen to, still, those guys are great songwriters.
@ZoSo agreed on isis, it's worth to give it a couple of listens before throwing it away.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:tuttosport:

they're coming to hungary next april, but i found the tickets too bloody expensive... what are the prices in the US?
Not sure. My best friend paid for mine. I know that we have club seats, so we get our own bar and bathroom.

Hey, he owes me. I paid for AC/DC and Black Sabbath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)