Metal, in all shapes and sizes (6 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
I've been listening to Symphony X's The Odyssey all day today, and I swear, the final chorus part just gives me chills every goddamn time!

TRIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUMPHAAAAAAAAAANT CHAMPION OF ITHICAAAAAA! :sheik: :sheik: :sheik: :sheik: :sheik:

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #606
    It's a bit hero-y, but pretty neat nevertheless. Looking forward to the album, two quality tracks out of three thus far.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #607
    Been listening to Hardwired all day and I have to say, this is pretty fucking awesome. A few hit and miss songs, but bottom line is that it is the best they've done since TBA. Papa Het is back! No more self help lyrics, no more bullshit, he's shouting at Chtulu again :excited:

- - - Updated - - -

The outro on Halo on Fire is just :tuttosport:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Been listening to Hardwired all day and I have to say, this is pretty fucking awesome. A few hit and miss songs, but bottom line is that it is the best they've done since TBA. Papa Het is back! No more self help lyrics, no more bullshit, he's shouting at Chtulu again :excited:

- - - Updated - - -

The first disc is fucking great, Dream No More :)rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:) is one of the best things they've done for a long, long time IMO. But the second disc is just a rehashing of the same song over and over... maybe it's just the first listen but that's what it seems like to me. There's nothing to break up the songs, apart from the last song they're mostly the same tempo and style of song, even rhythmically they're all pretty similar. They just sound too similar.

Apr 15, 2006
    Tool and Mastodon :p
    Meh, got bored of Tool taking ages to release an album. Also, I just find 10,000 Days n Lateralus quite robotic n soulless these days.

As for Mastodon, don't think they held my interest past the honeymoon period.

PoS seen line the only prog band that may make music I slightly connect with now. We'll see.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Looking forward to the new Pain of Salvation album. Not sure if anyone else here listens to them.
    great band, i absolutely love remedy lane, be (especially the live version), and even scarsick. btw the story of remedy lane was inspired by the time daniel passed in hungary/budapest. daniel is a hell of a singer:

the last couple of records were some mixed bags, i hope daniel finds his consistency again as a songwriter.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

good news! i'll give it a listen tonight. out of the 3 new songs, i only loved 1, but the record could be fapworthy regardless.

Apr 15, 2006
    great band, i absolutely love remedy lane, be (especially the live version), and even scarsick. btw the story of remedy lane was inspired by the time daniel passed in hungary/budapest. daniel is a hell of a singer:

the last couple of records were some mixed bags, i hope daniel finds his consistency again as a songwriter.
    Yea, the Road Salts were hit or miss, but I'm hoping the new one will be better.

BE has such great songs in it. :sheik:

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #616
    Dream No More is almost as good as anything they've done. Bravo Hetfield :tuttosport:

Sanity taken
    Seething damnation
    Chtulhu awaken

Winged salvation
    Death by creation
    Chtulhu awaken

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ...and Justice For All (pun intended)
    My favorite Metallica album out of them all.

Quick story. Back in the day, I had a 1978 Malibu classic, and it had an AM radio. So, I had a big boom box, and I angled it and wedged it under the dashboard, where the cigarette tray is so that I can listen to my cassettes.

There are moments that I call "stupid tree moments", where you are this close to crashing your car into a tree for whatever reason. When I first heard the intro and the first minute of "Blackened", I had one of those moments. I was in another world at that instance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)