Metal, in all shapes and sizes (8 Viewers)

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #28
    :D
    That cover is lame. Metallica after Black album is so wrong.(TBH I haven't listened Death Magnetic so I can't judge that).
    You fail sir. Load and ReLoad both have some fantastic songs on them. Death Magnetic was pretty generic though.

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
    You fail sir. Load and ReLoad both have some fantastic songs on them. Death Magnetic was pretty generic though.
    At the time when they were released I used to listen them a lot but now I just can't but first five albums are always welcomed by my ears :)

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #30
    When Load / ReLoad were released I had just gotten my first walkman and had 1 tape: Backstreet Boys mix. (I was 6-7). Death Magnetic is was the first tallica album I actually got to witness being released while I was into the band. What a let down :lol:

Although,

Along with the first track of the album can hold it's own on any of the first 5 albums.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Load was fucking awesome! ReLoad about 6 good songs (Fuel, Devil's Dance, Low Man's Lyric, Attitude, Prince Charming & The Memory Remians) but not bad. St. Anger. Personally, I sort of enjoy it but it gets tiring quick and those drums sound like asshole. Death Magnetic is actually quite solid in my opinion and I like it, but it's definitely not the near quality of MoP or ...AJFA. I hope this Lulu thing with Lou Reed isn't terrible.

---------------------------
    Favourite metal bands:
    Tool
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Testament
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    and Slayer & Anthrax to a certain extent

Rage Against the Machine and Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory & Meteora too as you could probably classify them as alternative metal.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #33
    Favorite metal bands:

Mastodon
    Devin Townsend (and all of his projects)
    Atheist
    Black Sabbath (especially the first album, one of the very best metal albums in my opinion)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Yo, is Mastodon's new album out already?

Off topic, but is Alice Cooper's new album out too? and Edguy?

Mastodon- yes, it is out and its excellent

Alice Cooper- Yes, and its alice cooper. That is all that should concern you.

Edguy- Age of the joker came out a couple of months ago, haven't heard ti yet. I'm not a big fan of them.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Would you call Alice Cooper "metal", though? Other than his (their) glam roots, I've always put him more in the hard rock category in with the likes of groups like Queen, UFO, Y&T, etc.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    Would you call Alice Cooper "metal", though? Other than his (their) glam roots, I've always put him more in the hard rock category in with the likes of groups like Queen, UFO, Y&T, etc.
    That's why I said off topic. :D

Thanks Sergio. :tup:

Is Mastodon's new album better than "Crack the skye"? That was a masterpiece.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #39
    That's why I said off topic. :D

Thanks Sergio. :tup:

Is Mastodon's new album better than "Crack the skye"? That was a masterpiece.
    It's a different kind of album, the longest song is about 5:30 and the majority are 3:30 ish. It's really a bit of a change in style for Mastodon, but they seem to impress at whatever they decide to do. There are only two "epics" on the album, so I don't know how you're supposed to rate it next to CtS.

Give it a spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)