Metal, anyone? (1 Viewer)

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
My favorite bands are Iced Earth, Metallica, and Blind Guardian.
I was wondering if here are any other metal fans on these forums.

I also play guitar, bass, drums, and I sing. In my band, I play guitar and sing.

What does everyone else here do?:angel:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BigGe7 ] ++
My favorite bands are Iced Earth, Metallica, and Blind Guardian.
I was wondering if here are any other metal fans on these forums.

I also play guitar, bass, drums, and I sing. In my band, I play guitar and sing.

What does everyone else here do?:angel:

huge Metallica fan here. never heard of the other two though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've always been a fan of Promethium myself.

...One of the rare earth elements in the lanthanide series. Radioactive. Atomic number 61; atomic weight typically 145.

OP
GRK

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    Well I persoally believe I'm Metallica's biggest fan, but so many people do, I guess.
    Kirk Hammett is my idol!

Sep 14, 2003
    I like 'old school' metal, none of this nu-metal shite. Metallica are great, or were - up to and including the 'Black Album'. I love Megadeth too, their new album is a return to form.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Metalicca is extremely good. I should really listen to all of their music, the stuff i heard was awesome bar their latest albums, which are just boring and shite. Enter sandman is ace.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    For the record, just to date me, I bought Kill 'Em All on cassette when it came out in July 1983, and I had no idea they would become what they are now. They were lumped in with other speed metal bands like Exciter at the time (how many know of them today?!).

Still, I gotta say that Ride the Lightning was their all-time best. When it came out after Kill 'Em All, I remember people commenting how they thought they "wimped out" when first playing that album's intro ... and then it delivered. ;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Their live shows are really cool though... my brother took me to one in October, and we were right in front of the stage. At one point something fell on my head.. it was a guy, just thrown up in the air.

Interesting experience.

When it comes to rock music I am a big Aerosmith fan.

OP
    GRK

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    For the record, just to date me, I bought Kill 'Em All on cassette when it came out in July 1983, and I had no idea they would become what they are now. They were lumped in with other speed metal bands like Exciter at the time (how many know of them today?!).

Still, I gotta say that Ride the Lightning was their all-time best. When it came out after Kill 'Em All, I remember people commenting how they thought they "wimped out" when first playing that album's intro ... and then it delivered. ;)

My favorite Metallica album is Ride the Lightning.
    All its songs are absolutely amazing (Fade To Black, For Whom the Bell Tolls, etc.).
    I don't think anyone will ever again make an album that good.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

My favorite album is most defenitely ....And Justice For All.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I have all Metallica albums on my PC. And I listen to them very often. Great music ;) but I cant say im a huge fan..

OP
    GRK

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    I have all Meallica's albums, all Metallica's live recordings, all Metallica's DVD's (All original, of course), the Metallica official book, and everything Metallica I can get my hands on.

The only thing missing is to watch them live on-stage. That's my goal in life.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    this song is great, I strongly recommend it for all metal lovers!

within temptation - stand my ground

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BigGe7 ] ++
    The only thing missing is to watch them live on-stage. That's my goal in life.
    I have. My goal is to get a time machine and see them back in 89, when they were in their prime. I think Sergio saw them back then. Mofo.

Note to self: if I got that time-machine I could see Zeppelin also. Put on wish-list next christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)