Merih Demiral (48 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I dont mind his red card. We were hopeless with or without him. That’s what happens when your defender does the job of midfielder and tries to bring the ball forward. almost always hets dispossesed in dangerous area. Fuck 3-5-2.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Least of our problems, still young and with plenty of room for improvement, still rusty obviously and nights like this are to be expected given his Chielliniesque way of play but i'm sure he will learn from his mistakes, yesterday the team was disfunctional all over the place and it happened that he suffered along with it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The only problem for me is that he can only tackle, doesnt care about p osession. Because of this he often just clears the ball and we loose posession, where he could be calm and pass it instead.

Jun 16, 2020
The only problem for me is that he can only tackle, doesnt care about p osession. Because of this he often just clears the ball and we loose posession, where he could be calm and pass it instead.
Definitely aspects that will develop over time. I remember Chiellini being very wild and he sucked with the ball at his feet. Even in 2013 and 2014 he was stil struggling with that. He improved a lot in that aspect and wins a lot of fouls now.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Chiellini and sucking on the ball has been a long standing myth. One i cant stand to hear.
Chiellini looks clumsy, but he rarely does anything stupid with the ball. Or has done.
Even early on he was competent with the ball. Fiorentina fielded him as left winger for a reason.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Definitely aspects that will develop over time. I remember Chiellini being very wild and he sucked with the ball at his feet. Even in 2013 and 2014 he was stil struggling with that. He improved a lot in that aspect and wins a lot of fouls now.
Yeah, hopefully, I still like him as he is probably the fastest and the most agile defender we have. But things like this when he get clear header, there is none around him and he chooses to just clear it to the sideline is just stupid, we are loosing posession so easily with such moves. He is very similiar to Chiellini thoug and you are right here.
Its also worth noting that he probably saved us from a goal with his block when Cuadrado gave up on cross and the Spezia player had a clear shoot from the box.
He is also still our best defender this year, stat wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)