Merih Demiral (8 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
2/5 aerial duels being won is not a good stat. he's not a short defender like barzagli. he's tall like bonucci but has same sort of bad aerial clearance.

he needs to sort this out as aerial duels as been juve's weakness for 7 seasons now
he is actually quite a threat in air. Turkish nt always trying to aim him in attacking set pieces, that is probably why his stat wasn't good against established defences.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
hmmm i always thought barzagli was around 180 cm. not sure why. could be his barrel chest made him look a bit shorter.
Barzagli was tall but he wasn’t an explosive athlete, so he may as well have been short. Cannavaro could jump higher than him.

But yeah, Demiral is pretty good in the air, so that stat is probably misleading.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Weird how the reactions to his game vs Crotone are so extreme. How can people see one performance so differently?

Personally I thought he was ok. Got better as the game went on. Did get beat a couple times but honestly it happens to every defender, every game. If you’re looking for mistakes from a CB, you’ll find it. When the expectations are so high, anything that happens good, or bad, will be magnified. Same shit happened with De Ligt. That’s my best explanation to the response.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Although i doubt it will be the case, i really hope to see both Demiral and Chiellini starting this one, seems like the perfect venue to give them both a go at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)