Merih Demiral (15 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That's not bad as people are saying
stats aren't that bad because rocchi ignored that borderline penalty situation and nothing happened after his careless passes in the first half. i was and still am a fan of this signing, i rate the player very highly, but he had a poor match, especially compared to the last two excellent ones.

also, the mindless cocksucking should absolutely stop asap. he needs and deserves positive feedback, but he's not the second coming of nesta or chiellini yet.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
stats aren't that bad because rocchi ignored that borderline penalty situation and nothing happened after his careless passes in the first half. i was and still am a fan of this signing, i rate the player very highly, but he had a poor match, especially compared to the last two excellent ones.

also, the mindless cocksucking should absolutely stop asap. he needs and deserves positive feedback, but he's not the second coming of nesta or chiellini yet.
There is definitely a comparison with chiellini

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Chiellini was aggressive in his younger days but level headed and intelligent in his duels. You felt confident with him.

With Demiral, there's a scare he might cost us with his challenges
Did you the remember the elbow to cavani? Obviously he is not the finished product but if somebody can replace chiellini it is him

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Are the Turkish group here Tuz' most insane national/ethnic contingent? Gotta be up there with the Russians
Pandas then Turks then Russians.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but what I meant is that he wasn't over-aggressive
Chiellini has always been one of the most intelligent CBs around. Demiral has shown the grinta and toughness, which I love, but hasn’t shown a fraction of the intelligence. Too many dumb giveaways and sloppy positioning. Reminds me of Manolas. Aggressive grinta, very good athleticism, allowing him to recover from dumb giveaways and poor positioning (happened multiple times today), but to take the next step needs to read the game better and work on his positioning.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
What penalty situation? Samp player was looking for the pk all the way from the moment he pounced on that mistake banking on Demiral panic rushing him, but that didn't happen he couldn't sell shit to the ref.

- - - Updated - - -

He has something Melo ish about him minus clownery
Nah melo was troubled, I get and actually like this guys hunger to perform.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What penalty situation? Samp player was looking for the pk all the way from the moment he pounced on that mistake banking on Demiral panic rushing him, but that didn't happen he couldn't sell shit to the ref.
:tup:

but that situation was 100% on Merih. Gave the ball away idiotically under no pressure. Which put Samp player in the clear to run on goal 1v1. He only recovered to pressure the Samp player into looking for a penalty because the Samp player had zero pace. He does that against an attacker with pace like Salah or Mbappe, etc and that’s a player in free on our keeper. Happened twice in this game. The second time the ref blew the whistle to stop play after Demiral gave it away because two players were faking injuries up by our box.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
:tup:

but that situation was 100% on Merih. Gave the ball away idiotically under no pressure. Which put Samp player in the clear to run on goal 1v1. He only recovered to pressure the Samp player into looking for a penalty because the Samp player had zero pace. He does that against an attacker with pace like Salah or Mbappe, etc and that’s a player in free on our keeper. Happened twice in this game. The second time the ref blew the whistle to stop play after Demiral gave it away because two players were faking injuries up by our box.
I agree, but as confident as he is I don't think he would try keeping possession such attackers. We would see a no nonsense defending dealing with those situations if he's given a chance in more important games.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Made some silly errors, he’s a hot head who will probably cost us goals soon...

But I fucking love him. Aggressive, no nonsense CBs are always my favourite kind of defenders. Needs Chiellini to sit him under the learning tree and give him the knowledge needed on now to channel his aggression and over exuberance in a positive way.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Sarri:“He has this great positive energy that he transmits to his teammates and we need to use that at the moment. If you see someone in training who is bursting with energy, you put him on the pitch. Once you realise he is carrying on that attitude during a match situation, you keep him there.Demiral is brimming with confidence right now, so it seems only right that he plays.”

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So De Ligt will be benched?
in before more panic over De Ligt. I remember our first competitive game of the season, when Chiellini was still fit, some dumb Livercuck pundit was going on and on about how Sarri was crazy not to play him, De Ligt must regret joining Juve, and how he should've gone to Liverpool.

Once again, it was the first competitive game of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)