Merih Demiral (32 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So you're assuming that 3 of our CBs will get injured/suspended and we'll be left with a pairing of Can-CB?

What if all 3 of MDS, Sandro, Cancelo/his replacement are injured and suspended at the same time, wouldnt both of our fullback positions be fucked? What if Berna, Costa and Ronaldo are injured at the same time, wouldnt our wide options for front 3 be fucked as well?

You can't have a 35 player squad for all possible injuries and suspensions, we dont need more than 4 CBs unless one of them gets a serious long term injury, question is whether Sarri trusts Demiral more than Bonucci and Rugani.
Because we were eliminated by Ajax because we were stuck with Bonucci-Rugani partnership because Chiellini was injured. Does Rugani and Bonucci look like they are improving massively over the course of last year? Absolutely not.

We literally have 3 CBs that we can't depend on. 1 is frequently injured the other two are annoyingly average. Good luck hoping MDL carries the entire backline and Won stops everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

What other top club buys CBs only to send 2/3 of the ones they buy away in a single mercato?

Maybe I'm missing something. :baus:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Because we were eliminated by Ajax because we were stuck with Bonucci-Rugani partnership because Chiellini was injured. Does Rugani and Bonucci look like they are improving massively over the course of last year? Absolutely not.

We literally have 3 CBs that we can't depend on. 1 is frequently injured the other two are annoyingly average. Good luck hoping MDL carries the entire backline and Won stops everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

What other top club buys CBs only to send 2/3 of the ones they buy away in a single mercato?

So the problem isnt amount of CBs, but your thoughts on Bonucci and Rugani. Dont hate on Paratici for selling a CB, hate on him for selling the wrong one.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So the problem isnt amount of CBs, but your thoughts on Bonucci and Rugani. Dont hate on Paratici for selling a CB, hate on him for selling the wrong one.
It's about not having options off the bench when Rugani and Bonucci offer nothing for the defense.

It isn't rocket science.

People bitch about Can not even doing well as a CM (his natural position) but are seemingly cool with him as a CB :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

MDL-Chiellini is the way forward. Chiellini is going to be injured so then we want a CB on the slide that MDL will have to cover for? Imagine being in the position where a 20 year old has to cover for Cancelo, Bonucci and Sandro's defensive errors. Rugani is basically a squad filler at this point. He has plateaued

- - - Updated - - -

We saw it last year especially at the end. Barzagli & Chiellini injured...Bonucci making more mistakes than value added, Rugani at least is good at headers.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No point in sacrificing this guy. We have the Soft Pansy Raguni and Mr. Atrocious Calamity Bonucci in defense. If Chiellini goes down, we're in trouble. We need at least 5 CBs. We sent Romero back to Genoa, so let's keep this guy. We need to stop this plusvalenza obsession.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We need to stop balancing the books? Lol.

Obviously we have other players who we would shift first in an ideal world, but this is reality, selling older players on good money for fees that will actually make a difference ia tough work.

Jul 2, 2006
should start balancing the books by not giving 33 years old mandzukic who is completely useless a pay rise. if we ditch this guy without even giving him chance to prove himself, it will end our chances of getting any decent young player in future.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like we lost to Ajax because of Bonu and Rugani. Their glaring mistake was MDL goal but other than that?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
should start balancing the books by not giving 33 years old mandzukic who is completely useless a pay rise.
Was it a raise or just an extension? I'm presuming you understand amortisation but maybe not.

Him being "useless" is also subjective, but for this season with the way we are likely to play you may be right. Mandzukic in the system we played for the last few years was a criminally underrated player, he's regularly not been used as an authentic striker.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not like we lost to Ajax because of Bonu and Rugani. Their glaring mistake was MDL goal but other than that?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
With Rugani and Bonucci being so passive they allowed Ajax to camp on the edge of our penalty area and we ended up defending the six yard box on most of their attacks, it put us under immense pressure going so deep, both in defence and midfield.

The goal we conceded through Cancelo's brainfart, for me, was the biggest one. But put the ball anywhere around Bonucci's head and the guy can't jump, it didn't need MDL to beat him.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
I have a feeling he is going to be a better defender than De Ligt and we are going to sell him to balance our books but keep Khedira, Cuadrado, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Cancelo.

When it comes to sales we've always been shit.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
With Rugani and Bonucci being so passive they allowed Ajax to camp on the edge of our penalty area and we ended up defending the six yard box on most of their attacks, it put us under immense pressure going so deep, both in defence and midfield.

The goal we conceded through Cancelo's brainfart, for me, was the biggest one. But put the ball anywhere around Bonucci's head and the guy can't jump, it didn't need MDL to beat him.
And I would gadly seel one of the two.
Just not sure which one.
Rugani is 24years old but never made that step up.
Bonucci is 32years old , high wages and we bought a starter like De Ligt
But he would be the third guy in case of Chiello absense

Overall maybe it's better to sell Rugani and have a solid 4 with Bonucci and Demiral as subs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)