[merged] Who is juve opponents in the CL next round? (8 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
I don't know what it is about Man Utd, those early CL meeting were great for us, we taught them a lesson in European football, even some of the Utd players have admitted this. Lately we can't do sh*t against them.

The one that really p*sses me off is from a few years back in Turin where they rested some of their players having already qualified and we had some returning after being hit with a flu bug, yet they still manged to spank us 0-3.

And who can forget the semi final 2-3?
how they changed the game that day, we were leading the game, suddenly everything changed

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero: I Want To Avoid Barca, Real And Utd
12/9/2004 4:10:00 PM
The Juventus captain would prefer to play against a less quoted side in the next round of the Champions League.
Alessandro Del Piero was satisfied following Juve’s 1-1 draw at Maccabi, where he scored his second goal of this Champions League edition. Pintuircchio also stated his preferences for the next stage of Europe’s top competition, where he would like to avoid in particular Barcelona.

“I found myself well with Zalayeta. It was a good game even though after Maccabi’s goal we went into confusion. However we recovered well.

“For the next round, all teams are the same. If I had to choose, I would avoid Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United. Especially I would like to avoid the Catalan side right now.”

The draw for the next round of the Champions League will be held on Friday 17th of December.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
the only incentive i could think of from us meeting an english team is that i'd get to watch a juve CL match this season at last:groan:
Damn ESPN + Star Sports. But IMO I think Supersports will show the 2nd round of CL even if we don't play English teams.

++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
The draw will take place in Monaco right?
Yup. Waiting for 17/12 to arrive...............

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
maby right now, being the underdog is the good thing,
we souldnt by any means underestimate none of these teams,
juve can face everyone,
if we take real, players will be extramotivated from the first to the last minute,
just to proove they are better than the best,
glory wait for us if we beat them,
as always there are luckier teams than us
to come up against porto and breme and redpool
(like milan? how they do it all the time? think how they reach the final)
i believe man untd is the worst enemy, i remember the games where we had one or2 headers in their field and 30%percent, our field in the whole game and we kept trying to play english football(cross=header)! but we are not that weak in the air game anymore, canna is genius, zebina and imbro tall enough,
barca thinks is the best team in europe, they sould be crashed, but when the stake are too high (in the final)
if la corune isnt out there we will reach the final,
our only problem=accidentations, wrong red cards and penaltys. we require=trezeguet sould be back as trezegoal +nedved on the field

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
the only incentive i could think of from us meeting an english team is that i'd get to watch a juve CL match this season at last:groan:

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

ESPN STAR @$#$@$%#%$%$%%^%^$^#$@$@#$#@$#%

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
look how the others fear us :

Here is the outcome of a poll suggested on the official website of Spanish daily 'Marca', www.marca.es, about the best club to face in the Champions League kick-off round. The votes amounted to 11,445, most of which from Real Madrid and Barcelona fans, the two sides who went through to the next stage of the competition:

OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS 29.23 %

MONACO 28.8 %

BAYER LEVERKUSEN 13.32 %

ARSENAL 8.74 %

CHELSEA 6.71 %

JUVENTUS 5.18 %

INTER 4.7 %

MILAN 4.63 %

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
and how inter fans think :

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: WHICH OPPONENT WOULD YOU PREFER IN THE LAST SIXTEEN?

Votes received: 12445

Barcelona 6.74 %

Real Madrid 29.59 %

Manchester United 4.41 %

Bayern Munich 3.33 %

Liverpool 8.09 %

Porto 14.84 %

PSV Eindhoven 33 %

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++
and how inter fans think :

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: WHICH OPPONENT WOULD YOU PREFER IN THE LAST SIXTEEN?

Votes received: 12445

Barcelona 6.74 %

Real Madrid 29.59 %

Manchester United 4.41 %

Bayern Munich 3.33 %

Liverpool 8.09 %

Porto 14.84 %

PSV Eindhoven 33 %

i am all for takin on Real. show the world that what we did to them 2 years ago wasnt a fluke

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I wanna eat some Devil's head, So bring me Man utd, to take our Revange backkk
I want that too... my brother is ManU fan, and I don´t want that the Unlucky 0-3 Lose of last year be the last memory of them... it is not the same juve like last year.. This juve could destroy ManU, well may be with two 1-0 but that is enogh..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

how they changed the game that day, we were leading the game, suddenly everything changed
it was terrible.... I just did not understand who yorke and cole passed Montero and ferrara.... at that time it was to see that we need fresh blood in the defence..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)