[merged] Cannavaro (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Soccernet....

Juventus sign Cannavaro from Inter

MILAN, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Juventus have signed Italy international defender Fabio Cannavaro from Serie A rivals Inter Milan in a deal worth £6.6million.
Juventus said in a statement to the Milan stock exchange they had agreed a four-year contract with the central defender.

Cannavaro, 30, joined Inter in 2002 from Parma after beginning his career with his hometown club Napoli.

Italy's captain at Euro 2004, he has made 80 appearances for his country.

Juve coach Fabio Capello, who tried to sign Cannavaro when at AS Roma, has been looking for a central defender throughout the close season.

In pre-season friendly matches France's Lilian Thuram and Uruguayan Paolo Montero have played in the centre of defence.

Cannavaro and Thuram formed a successful central defensive partnership at Parma.

Juve also said they had sold Uruguayan goalkeeper Fabian Carini to Inter.

AWESOME!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juve confirm Cannavaro capture
Tuesday 31 August, 2004

Fabio Cannavaro is officially a Juventus player after the club completed his transfer from Inter.

The 30-year-old has signed a four-year contract in a swap deal which sees Fabian Carini join the Milan club.

The Uruguayan ‘keeper, who spent last season on loan at Standard Liege, has penned a three-year deal with the Nerazzurri.

"The arrival of Cannavaro is splendid news," boss Fabio Capello told the club’s official website.

"He is an important addition which increases and adds quality to our squad."

Cannavaro, who has reportedly accepted a cut in wages, will boost the Juve defence which was heavily blasted last term.

"Cannavaro is the Italian international captain who reinforces our already reliable defence," continued Capello.

"The fact that we have so many central stoppers is a luxury but they will be needed seeing as there are many games to play."

The capture of the Napoli-born ace will be particularly welcomed by Gigi Buffon and Lilian Thuram after their time together at Parma.

"The fact that he has played with a number of the squad already should help him to settle quickly," concluded the tactician.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug31i.html

===============

Welcome Fabio.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
God knows I like the guy, but he wasn't the best choice out there. I do welcome him and I do hope he will do the neccesary work and stay as injury-free (yeah right) as possible, but still ...

Why can I not shake off the feeling that this was done very quickly and very nervously just to save Moggi's ass?!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
What 10 mil? He was a straight swap deal with Carini. Juventus is a public company, they have to publish all their business transactions, and since they only mention Carini, it was a straight swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)