[merged] Cannavaro (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
i think the reason for us to not sign a new defenceman is we have too many defencemen in the squad, can't add any new blood and put the them all on the bench. we must buy one and sell one. but most of our defencemen are too old and slow. honestly, who's really wanna take pessoto or luliano ??

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Inter assess Fabio future Friday 20 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have admitted that they are willing to listen to offers for international captain Fabio Cannavaro.

"It all depends if a bid is made, what offer we receive and the desire of the player," stated President Giacinto Facchetti.

The legend made the statement with regards to talk that Real Madrid were keen on the international.

That move now looks unlikely though, given the probable Spanish switch of Newcastle’s Jonathan Woodgate, but Juventus are still keen on the stopper.

Meanwhile, the Nerazzurri chief confirmed that his club are still attempting to sign Cesar from Lazio.

"He is our primary objective but if Lazio keep upping the stakes then we’ll pull out of the move," he added.

Turning to on the field matters, Facchetti was pleased with the return of Christian Vieri from injury.

"It was important that he has recovered," he stated after Vieri played against Novara on Thursday.

"He demonstrated that he was hungry to do well. With a little more time, he will soon be back in good form."

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Cannavaro to old and to expensive???? IMO he would be one of the best buys this season. (with Emerson). He is a born leader and I think that with Cannavaro and another rght back, we've got a very strong defence.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Why is everyone so ****ing obsessed with how old defenders are???, a defender aint old before he is 38!!!, they last longer than midfielders and strikers, and experience is more important than anything else in defense. And the funny ironic thing is that all you who says to old, would probably be wanting new faces on the team after 3-4 seasons anyway, so the conclusion is age doesnt matter!.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by juvefc_robin ] ++
Cannavaro to old and to expensive???? IMO he would be one of the best buys this season. (with Emerson). He is a born leader and I think that with Cannavaro and another rght back, we've got a very strong defence.
Soon to be 31, Fabio is the last thing we need when we have Ferrara, Thuram and Montero. His wage is 4.6 or 4.1 M per year so yeah he's too expensive. And if you haven't seen last year's games in Inter and the performances he made for Azzurri please do. He's not what he used to be.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Soon to be 31, Fabio is the last thing we need when we have Ferrara, Thuram and Montero. His wage is 4.6 or 4.1 M per year so yeah he's too expensive. And if you haven't seen last year's games in Inter and the performances he made for Azzurri please do. He's not what he used to be.

Haha you compare Canna to Ferrara!, its 7 years difference, Ferrara played awesome througout the CL final season (02/03, so i think you to old crap has no foundation. Unless you are Cannavaro's physical trainer who knows his physical status perfect!. Start to watch him play.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
And you go and learn something about building a team. You have to have a balance between youth and experince and not only accumulate Seria A's grandpas!

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
And you go and learn something about building a team. You have to have a balance between youth and experince and not only accumulate Seria A's grandpas!
Oh and that comes from you, i guess you like Legrottaglie and Zebina then?, you know you have to be patience with players, and at the moment the defense is a disaster so immediate world class no matter how old they are is a most!.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
so immediate world class no matter how old they are is a most!.
World class doesn't necessarily bring success :rolleyes: Thuram story should tell you something.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I actually believe Cannavaro would be a good short term solution, the key part being short term. He culd probably help us this season, especially if paired up with thuram in the centre, but we would probably need new cbs next season. If he wasnt too expensive I'd get him, if for nothing else, because there arent any good young defenders available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)