[merged] ‘Real’ Alex will return (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Apart from a few nice moves and then a header which went off of Potenza's arm, there was not that much more from Del Piero. He was more involved in this match than the last three, however, his performance was average at best. If he states that he is satisfied with his performance at Parma, we are witnessing a Del Piero who knows he can no longer fulfill the wants and demands of the club. That is not good for Juventus.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I also want to know what happened to Del Piero's free kick taking ability. Just three years ago Alex was hitting in supurb free kicks, like the strike against Celtic in the Champions League. Now maybe his shot from outside the box has been affected by the numerous injuries he has suffered, but players like Mihajlovic have been through the same thing and he still bangs them in once in a while. The one thing that should not have left Del Piero is his feel for striking the ball. The free kicks this season have been horrendous apart from Nedved's strike against Bologna.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
yeah.... the truth is Del Piero's 'better' performance celebrated by DP fans all over is still average at Juventus standard level. Thats why a change is necessary..

and those freekicks was torturously himuliating. At this point i would be greatly relief even if it could only get on target...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello placates Del Piero Sunday 9 January, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello assures there is “nothing personal” in his repeated substitutions of Alex Del Piero, though the captain could be benched against Livorno.

“When I decide to substitute him, it is because at that moment I need a player with different characteristics,” explained the Juve boss. “There is nothing personal and I don’t have any preferences within my squad.”

Del Piero may be the captain, but he has been replaced 11 times in 12 games so far this season and his face showed anger when leaving the field during Thursday’s 1-1 draw at Parma.

Capello experimented with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta during training on Saturday, fuelling rumours the Italian international is set to start from the bench rather than move on to it this time. Something has to be done, as the Bianconeri are stuttering with two consecutive draws.

“Milan have closed the gap to two points, but I am satisfied with our overall performance, so there is no need to be concerned. I was sorry to read the Press slating Paolo Montero, as he was unlucky when it came to the goal.”

Their next opponents are Livorno, who travel to Turin without both star strikers Cristiano Lucarelli and Igor Protti.

“They may have lost against Inter,” noted the Coach, “but they proved themselves to be a solid squad that can really hurt you on the break.”

Stephen Appiah has not been included in the Juve side due to an injury, so Manuele Blasi will partner Emerson in central midfield. Lilian Thuram returns from suspension to bolster the defence.

channel4.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I also want to know what happened to Del Piero's free kick taking ability. Just three years ago Alex was hitting in supurb free kicks, like the strike against Celtic in the Champions League. Now maybe his shot from outside the box has been affected by the numerous injuries he has suffered, but players like Mihajlovic have been through the same thing and he still bangs them in once in a while. The one thing that should not have left Del Piero is his feel for striking the ball. The free kicks this season have been horrendous apart from Nedved's strike against Bologna.
funny you should mention that,he actually hit a pretty good one during the Parma match...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I was just going to say that, but Andy's right, DP's free kicks really aren't what they used to be.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Apart from a few nice moves and then a header which went off of Potenza's arm, there was not that much more from Del Piero. He was more involved in this match than the last three, however, his performance was average at best. If he states that he is satisfied with his performance at Parma, we are witnessing a Del Piero who knows he can no longer fulfill the wants and demands of the club. That is not good for Juventus.
You want him to say that he's not satisfied so all the media and you guys can attack him??, ofcoarse he can give better, he just said that he's satisfied, thats all... i don't see the big deal here.

Deleted member 2609

He was great today, I hope he remains in this shape.

Alex per sempre:cool:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
well yeah,but he's still a good FK taker.
Taking a good free kick is much different from actually scoring one. When was the last time Del Piero banged one in?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bobogol ] ++
He was great today, I hope he remains in this shape.

Alex per sempre:cool:
He played OK, but he still isn't the Del Piero that we all fell in love with back in the day.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
DP sucked today vs Livorno. He was poor and clueless.

Zlatan on the other hand, was amazing. His 4th goal was pure class. The technique and positioning..

Zambrotta was masterful. If it wasn't for him, we coulda walked away with a clean sheet.

Oh and Camaronesi, he was aweful too.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He was good today, but let me remind you we played against Liverno. The story will probably be much different against Real and teams like Sampdoria and above.

Aug 26, 2003
what are you talking about?

DP did not suck today he did ok and scored a goal! also Camo scored 2 goals so plz calm down!

to DP and his statement that he was satisfied with the Parma game, it is clear and i find it good that he is for HIMSELF pleased! when a player like is very injury fragile he has to come back slowly, he surely wants to be back to his best and that as fast as possbile but everybody who plays soccer knows how difficult that is!

to the FK. I also miss them but i think he has not lost the ability the only thing he is missing is that one freekick should be a goal, and that would IMO help him that he could kick them like he did 2-3 before!

FORZA Del Piero!

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
i was kidding..

Andy you said, DP goal came off the defender's shoulder or something.

What about Cam's goal? Ibra hit it and it came off the defenders head into the cross bar and then Camo tapped it in but DOES IT MATTER? Nobody would've brought it up.. but you had to, on DP goal..

Respect for Camo and everyone else involved. A goal is a goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)