[merged] ‘Real’ Alex will return (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Alessandro Del Piero is confident he will soon be back to his best after being substituted yet again.

The Juventus ace was replaced for the 11th time in 12 games by boss Fabio Capello during yesterday’s 1-1 draw at Parma.

"I am satisfied because I know that I am close to rediscovering my best form," he told his personal website.

The No 10 is likely to start against Livorno on Sunday but he is set to face some stiff competition for a shirt in the near future.

David Trezeguet is almost ready to return to action following shoulder surgery and he could be fielded alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic instead.

Although Juventus dropped two points on Thursday, Del Piero is reasonably happy with how his side performed.

"We moved well and proved to be in good physical shape as the game highlighted," he continued.

"They had a few good opportunities but when you consider certain situations, we should have perhaps gone back to Turin with all three points.

"Now we just need to think about the match against Livorno on Sunday

Let me count how many times i've heared that from him and from moggi.Hmmmm that must be more than 30 times

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 7, 2003
trust me he is the best. he will come back and show capello that he is much better than zalayeta and ibrahimovic. del piero played superb against parma but capello took him out. im angry:( :( . del piero played good, capello has no faith in del piero. but trust me he will come back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would love for the best Alex to return. However, the chances of that happening are about as good as Padovano becoming Buffon's replacement.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I don't know why they keep typing up new headlines like this...

They should just paste any given article about Del Piero from 1999 and on.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Im mad when Capello subs del Piero when hes playing good..
Why not let him play 90mins?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Im mad when Capello subs del Piero when hes playing good..
Why not let him play 90mins?
Maybe because Del Piero's made of glass, and completeing 60 minutes is an acheivment for him. Capello's not pushing his luck.

Basically, Capello's not giving DP a chance to "get injured" (i.e. get an excuse for poor performances)

Seriously, It's degrading to Del Piero that he's in the papers every couple of weeks saying that he's "close" to his best. This past summer, didn't he say that he wasn't going to talk to the media or take crap from them?

what happened to that?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Maybe because Del Piero's made of glass, and completeing 60 minutes is an acheivment for him. Capello's not pushing his luck.

Basically, Capello's not giving DP a chance to "get injured" (i.e. get an excuse for poor performances)
That's a shitty excuse. If the player had shown signs of being injured during the match or wasn't 100% fit going into it then I could understand replacing him, but when someone is playing well you don't sub him because you're scared he could get hurt. FFS Majed, any can get hurt at any given time.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
he talked before EURO and in the end of the summer
Yes. That could also be (and already has been) said another way: "This past summer."

What your point?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

That's a shitty excuse. If the player had shown signs of being injured during the match or wasn't 100% fit going into it then I could understand replacing him, but when someone is playing well you don't sub him because you're scared he could get hurt. FFS Majed, any can get hurt at any given time.
You took that post seriously! :wallbang:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

You took that post seriously! :wallbang:
Sorry, I do expect better from you and in all honesty didn't notice the sarcasm. Perhaps it's because I'm tired as fvck after running my heart out for my school team against a superior side (U19 division and I'm only 15) in the rain and losing 2-1 thanks to some horrific refereeing decisions, oh and btw, it was a semi final.

I gave my all against guys twice my size and seeing as the opposition dominated the game for long periods I had to do alot of defending which was exhausting because the other team held the ball really well and were much more organised tactically than we were and now I'm pissed off :groan:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Sorry, I do expect better from you and in all honesty didn't notice the sarcasm. Perhaps it's because I'm tired as fvck after running my heart out for my school team against a superior side (U19 division and I'm only 15) in the rain and losing 2-1 thanks to some horrific refereeing decisions, oh and btw, it was a semi final.

I gave my all against guys twice my size and seeing as the opposition dominated the game for long periods I had to do alot of defending which was exhausting because the other team held the ball really well and were much more organised tactically than we were and now I'm pissed off :groan:
No problems about the post.. Maybe I should have made it more obvious that i wasn't serious (I guess the dotted line and the "seriously,..." after that wasn't enough ;) ) My sarcasm stems from a similar situation as yours... I'm frustrated with DP to be honest and what he's made himself into in the media.

Sorry about the defeat... It must be annoying. Though you must be proud to have gone that far :thumb: .. Anyhow, sounds like the best team won ;) :angel:
No worries mate... You got many years of Football ahead of you with the rest of highschool, college...etc. :cool:

Hard luck again! :)

Jun 7, 2003
@ Majed did you see the game juve vs parma? i think no.
Del Piero played super. Better than the last weeks and other matchs. When he doesn`t play good alright sub him but against parma he played good and capello substituted him again and i can`t understand that. he passed well, he run much, he made dribblings trust me he played good.

Jun 7, 2003
Im Sure when he plays like parma in the coming matches he will be the old dp. You will see. he was angry when capello subd him. Normally he isn`t angry but against parma he was angry because he played good.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++

"I am satisfied because I know that I am close to rediscovering my best form," he told his personal website.
If he is really satisfied with his performance against Parma, he should retire...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)