Memo Ochoa, Mexico’s No1 (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
He was asked where he wants to play...And here is his reply:

There's been a lot of talk about a transfer recently but nothing has come off as yet. The fact is I'm in no real hurry and I want to go to a big team. I've always followed clubs like Juventus, Milan, Bayern, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona, and I'd love to join one of them. In any case I'm with America right now. They're a big club themselves and I've still got a lot of objectives to achieve here, like the next Copa Libertadores.
Here's the whole interview:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=675512.html

What do you think of him, and will he cost much??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Ochoa is awesome, that goes without saying. He probably won't be as good as Buffon, but will be in that class.

I don't see the need to purchase a guy like that for at least another 5 years.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Ochoa is great, but Buffon still has alot in Juve, so I will look for a younger keeper who can learn from Buffon and then replace him

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
first of all, manutd and milan both linked with him since december.
Secondly considering all the interest he aint gona be cheap.
And finally, gk is the last position we should be looking for reinforcements :wallbang:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He's only Mexico's #1 because Oswaldo Sanchez, douchebag that he is, had a season-ending injury back in September.

So calling him "Mexico's #1" is like calling Grygera Juve's first team starter in central defense. :rolleyes2

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
I prefer Ustari. Ochoa is a great talent but too small IMO.
Iker Casillas isn't a big player and he is one of the best goal keepers in the world so size doesn't matter if you have the ability.

PS: I don't even know why someone would open a thread for this player, since the GK position is extremely well covered for the next 6 years or more. Please close this thread.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:agree:

then we have Louis Thomas Buffon after that :p
an 11 year old starting GK for juve? Hell he's a buffon i like the sound of it.
Size has little to do with it. Dida, Lehmann and Van der sar are all much taller than Buffon and Buffon is far better than the three of them combined.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
ReB just asked if anyone knows the guy and knows what he has to cost, the interview doesn't say we are after him so I am sure there is no link between us and this guy.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
an 11 year old starting GK for juve? Hell he's a buffon i like the sound of it.
Size has little to do with it. Dida, Lehmann and Van der sar are all much taller than Buffon and Buffon is far better than the three of them combined.
If you have the talent then it shouldn't be able to stop you from becoming the best. Did size stop Zico, Maradone & Messi from becoming brilliant players. Will size stop Giovinco? I know that I am talking about other players that played in other positions but, I believe that if your have the skills and the will power to become the best then it shouldn't be a problem. Iker Casillas isn't a tall player but what he lacks in height he makes it up with his skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)