Medhi Benatia (21 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
What's the point of getting him back?

If he did not want to stay as a back-up last season why would he do now?

He certainly is not starter material.
I think he is starter material, more so than Bonucci and Rugani, besides Chiellini, who's our only guarantee at CB currently, unfortunately is 35 this August and gets injured a lot. Even if we bring in Demiral or another CB, that doesn't change that Benatia would should receive a lot of minutes under a coach that's not Allegri.

Besides Qatar league might change perspective on how bad it really is to be a backup for Juventus, don't think he's feeling as strong about it as before.

Jun 6, 2015
I really doubt there is any truth in these rumors. He declined to play for us and I doubt our management appreciates such behavior. If he really wanted to be at Juve he should have swallowed his pride and put the team first, forcing a move mid-season is low. He would have gotten plenty of game-time during the second part of the season anyways. He shat his own bed.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm sorry but this guy being put behind both Rugani and Bonucci is one of the dumbest things I've seen from this organization in a long time. We might have lost anyway but no one can tell me with a straight face that this guy is 4th choice.
It’s because he’s not Italian

That’s all it came down to. Rugs is. It Juve first team quality yet he gets the nod over Medhi. Just wrong.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah. Benatia was the difference between us winning CL and not winning it. :baus:
Dude, we started Rugani-Bonucci in 2 CL quarterfinal games, ofcourse hed have made a difference. We likely fail at the next stage due to having that ridiculous injury crisis that unfolded afterwards (unless we got Spurs somehow), but im sure we beat Ajax with him

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah. Benatia was the difference between us winning CL and not winning it. :baus:
I didn't say that, actually.

What I said is that you will certainly lose if your CBs are Bonucci/Rugani. Whether we would have won the CL is a separate argument. But for sure we will lose with those two. They were miles off.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't say that, actually.

What I said is that you will certainly lose if your CBs are Bonucci/Rugani. Whether we would have won the CL is a separate argument. But for sure we will lose with those two. They were miles off.
Oh please. The issue was entirely on Paratici for not replacing Benatia adequately. And Benatia for being a little faggot who refused to play for two months before being sold.

And lol, everyone here whining about not trusting young players and giving them a chance to grow, well we clearly saw Rugani wasn’t ready. Which was disappointing, but the sort of gamble on a young player everyone here asks for all the time.

And no Bonucci is not miles off Benatia. We played in 2 CL finals going through the knockouts with a Chiellini-Bonucci back 4, because the two were a great match for each other. Remind me of the European success we had with Benatia starting or for that matter Bayern had with Benatia starting. The guy is a pretty good defender with a bitchy little shit attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, we started Rugani-Bonucci in 2 CL quarterfinal games, ofcourse hed have made a difference. We likely fail at the next stage due to having that ridiculous injury crisis that unfolded afterwards (unless we got Spurs somehow), but im sure we beat Ajax with him
Nah. We got thoroughly outplayed by Ajax. I doubt Benatia makes an ounce of difference in that regard, as the guy is not going to help that aspect in the slightest.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Oh please. The issue was entirely on Paratici for not replacing Benatia adequately.
Yes, exactly.

Benatia is not the one who buys the players or picks the team.

But like I said, now it's too late. It's retarded to bring him back. These are all questions I'm asking of our board. Clearly.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh please. The issue was entirely on Paratici for not replacing Benatia adequately. And Benatia for being a little faggot who refused to play for two months before being sold.

And lol, everyone here whining about not trusting young players and giving them a chance to grow, well we clearly saw Rugani wasn’t ready. Which was disappointing, but the sort of gamble on a young player everyone here asks for all the time.

And no Bonucci is not miles off Benatia. We played in 2 CL finals going through the knockouts with a Chiellini-Bonucci back 4, because the two were a great match for each other. Remind me of the European success we had with Benatia starting or for that matter Bayern had with Benatia starting. The guy is a pretty good defender with a bitchy little shit attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. We got thoroughly outplayed by Ajax. I doubt Benatia makes an ounce of difference in that regard, as the guy is not going to help that aspect in the slightest.
Everyone was whining about not trusting youngsters, true. And the Rugani case shows that was correct. He was 24 and barely had any CL experience, and none in the knockouts at all. He was here for 3 seasons before this one, throwing him into the fire when we had no other choice just shows how shortsighted our planning on that was. And we even rejected huge offer from Chelsea, because we thought he might turn out great. At that point, we should have had atleast some idea what to expect

Watch Rugani on 2/3 of their goals, clueless defender. But its not just that. Both he and Bonucci stay deep and play the ball out of the back. One of Mehdis best assets is bursting into the midfield with the ball, something we missed since Chiellini was out. We were way too predictable in possession this way, and a man down basically.

I understand you hate the man but hes arguably the 2nd best CB in our group, at worst 3rd best behind in form Leo. To say he wouldnt make a difference in a tie we conceded 3 goals is foolish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)