Medhi Benatia (8 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yes he cost us the Madrid game by conceding a penalty that led to a goal instead of just letting him score.
Yeah, that's an odd to blame him for, especially since we've seen multiple brain farts from him that would be a better argument.

A shame really, 'cause he has been playing very well in general this season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The problem with midfield is numbers. If we sign Can we then have Can, Pjanic, Matuidi and Bentancur as almost certain to stay. Probably staying is also Khedira. If we presume Marchisio :)() and Sturaro are leaving (I seriously doubt we'll sell more than two midfielders in one window, pick who you like) that means a 6th midfielder is the one signed and then you're trying to fit 6 into 3 or maybe even 2.

Beppe will say we're covered in midfield, and in terms of numbers he's right. Quality no but it's not a computer game where you throw in a player and some money for an upgrade, 4-5 will simply not be changed.

I'm not convinced we'll even sign another DC if Benatia leaves, Caldara is coming in.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
letting marchisio leave still wouldn't make any sense to me. we don't have any homegrown player to replace him. (at least on the cl list, that is.)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Why would this guy be allowed to leave, he's the best long term defender we have.

People whining about the Koulibaly header, please, there's never been a defender who has won every single header, even Ramos who has scored some great headers got out-jumped for the Liverpool goal yesterday.

Look at his header in the Coppa Final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)