Medhi Benatia (53 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He cut out Barzagli :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So Mehdi is a better passer than Bonucci now? Tells you all you need to know about whoscored and their "strengths" rating
I mean, pass accuracy is sorta hard to argue against don’t you think? IMO they should break it down further to “long ball accuracy”. You would see a clear difference there then.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I mean, pass accuracy is sorta hard to argue against don’t you think? IMO they should break it down further to “long ball accuracy”. You would see a clear difference there then.
Passing accuracy is one thing, most CBs will have around 90%. But actually being a better passer is another thing, as they presented in their "strengths and weaknesses", like would you ask of Benatia to playmake the way Bonucci did for us? Leo is perhaps the single best passer among CBs in the world

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Passing accuracy is one thing, most CBs will have around 90%. But actually being a better passer is another thing, as they presented in their "strengths and weaknesses", like would you ask of Benatia to playmake the way Bonucci did for us? Leo is perhaps the single best passer among CBs in the world
Which is why I think including a “long passing” stat would shape an argument better.

I agree with you in theory, of course. Personally, I like stats. Don’t always paint the full picture but can be helpful.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Which is why I think including a “long passing” stat would shape an argument better.

I agree with you in theory, of course. Personally, I like stats. Don’t always paint the full picture but can be helpful.
long passing makes sense. it will still not show the full picture, like what kind of passes you attempt and how often, do you look to play it safe ala Asamoah or you try to be an actual playmaker, or how well is you passing game under pressure. but it would be better than its currently. whoscored is all about stats when grading players though, so they would still probably value the guy with the higher passing % more

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Juliano13

What a doofus. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I love you. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

He cut out Barzagli :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So Mehdi is a better passer than Bonucci now? Tells you all you need to know about whoscored and their "strengths" rating
To be fair, Mehdi is a fantastic passer. If you watched him at Roma, it was one of his strongest points. He doesn't have the Pirlo-esque long balls that Bonucci has, but he's exceptionally calm and accurate playing it out from the back.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@Juliano13

What a doofus. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I love you. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, Mehdi is a fantastic passer. If you watched him at Roma, it was one of his strongest points. He doesn't have the Pirlo-esque long balls that Bonucci has, but he's exceptionally calm and accurate playing it out from the back.
i know, just thought it was weird they gave him a "very strong" while BonBon got just a "strong". probably based 100% on stats

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i know, just thought it was weird they gave him a "very strong" while BonBon got just a "strong". probably based 100% on stats
Yeah. It's exclusively based on the accuracy stat and number of passes, which doesn't at all take into account the difficulty of accurate long balls.

Next year with Szczesny is going to be fantastic for breaking out against high pressing imo. Has one of the best passing games of any keeper.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah. It's exclusively based on the accuracy stat and number of passes, which doesn't at all take into account the difficulty of accurate long balls.

Next year with Szczesny is going to be fantastic for breaking out against high pressing imo. Has one of the best passing games of any keeper.
:tup:

loved what i saw in the few games he played. so calm on the ball, never panics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)