Medhi Benatia (21 Viewers)

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
Maybe he just was a misfit. Like us and Coman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly that. Pep wanted a ball-playing CB who could play in an (exaggerated) high defensive line. Benatia is better in a more classical setup. Pep even preferred to use Kimmich and Alaba in CB instead of employing him (facepalm. Pep's choices for the games against Atlético were a huge source of rage for me).

Furthermore, it seems he never adapted to life at the club (which is fairly rare, since Spaniards, Frenchmen, Brazileans, Dutch, Poles have all came in an fit well).

Overall, I'd say it was Pep that killed his career at Bayern. I think with Carlo he would have been a success. Anyway... No need to linger on the past. Hope he does well for you ;)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Exactly that. Pep wanted a ball-playing CB who could play in an (exaggerated) high defensive line. Benatia is better in a more classical setup. Pep even preferred to use Kimmich and Alaba in CB instead of employing him (facepalm).

Furthermore, it seems he never adapted to life at the club (which is fairly rare, since Spaniards, Frenchmen, Brazileans, Dutch, Poles have all came in an fit well).

Overall, I'd say it was Pep that killed his career at Bayern. I think with Carlo he would have been a success. Anyway... No need to linger on the past. Hope he does well for you ;)

Mastermind. :lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Exactly that. Pep wanted a ball-playing CB who could play in an (exaggerated) high defensive line. Benatia is better in a more classical setup. Pep even preferred to use Kimmich and Alaba in CB instead of employing him (facepalm. Pep's choices for the games against Atlético were a huge source of rage for me).

You should be so happy you got rid of Guardiola before he wrecked your club even further.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

i didnt expect Ancelotti to let him go when we were linked to him around May, agree that he would do better with him. maybe it was the managements decision to let him go without consulting Carlo

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i didnt expect Ancelotti to let him go when we were linked to him around May, agree that he would do better with him. maybe it was the managements decision to let him go without consulting Carlo
it was benatia's decition to push a move through. he really wanted to leave germany and return to italy.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
I disagree, but I was devastated still. It left us all shocked how he collapsed.
The way we lost it was more devastating. Against Barca we never led and with exception of those 15-20 minutes in second half, they were just the better team. That game in Bayern had a feel and intensity of a CL final and the way things played out rest of the tournament, we could have won it all if we would have held on.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
The way Benatia is showing himself, he's looking to be a steal. He's been our top CB since the start of the season so far and even had some really stellar, standout performances.

Allegri will have some tough choices when it comes to the backline. Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Benatia and Rugani. The wealth of our backline is just insane, especially when you look at EPL clubs, the rest of Serie A and even Real or Barca. 4 of our 5 cbs would start at Barca instantly. Rugani probably not but he'd be close and have a shot of breaking into the Barca backline.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The way we lost it was more devastating. Against Barca we never led and with exception of those 15-20 minutes in second half, they were just the better team. That game in Bayern had a feel and intensity of a CL final and the way things played out rest of the tournament, we could have won it all if we would have held on.
Yeah, but it was still a CL final.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
You don't make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)