Medhi Benatia (33 Viewers)

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
All our other CBs except Rugani have had longer injury issues then him this season. So I call bs on him being injury prone or an issue this season.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Agreed..
How much the option again? For 18 mils iirc, it's a no brainer..
How many quality CBs out there, and the likes of Otamendi went for inflated price.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fantôme

Jul 25, 2015
All our other CBs except Rugani have had longer injury issues then him this season. So I call bs on him being injury prone or an issue this season.

But Barzagli and Chiellini are old already. How that makes Benatia less injury prone?
He already had injuries in germany.

I would take Caldara this summer already over him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Right now he gets less injuries than those two and isn't out for 3 months like the usually healthy Bonucci, so I would hardly pass on him because of that, he has been mostly available, so what's the issue? His record in Bayern is irrelevant aslong as it doesn't happen in Juve.

Can't be the performances because he has been real quality except Genoa game.

Caldara is a nobody right now compared to a top CB like Benatia. He will be signed for depth when Barzagli is gone. Btw he will cost 20m and we aren't sure if we is good enough yet. And you talk about 17m for Benatia like it's some kind of fortune.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
17m option on Benatia is good business. Take a look at Chelsea's summer, they spent almost all summer chasing CB's, but couldn't sign one till very late August and they were prepared to spend way more than 17m.

Fantôme

Jul 25, 2015
No brainer and absolutely the right move. Barzagli retiring end of next season and Chiellini not long after, we need players of his quality to replace them. Hopefully his injury issues are behind him.
Well lets hope. He is still going to play less games next season if Barzagli and Chiellini will stay fit. After next season i could see him playing more if Caldara needs time to adjust. But still Benatia going to be third or fourth choice. And wasnt the reason Benatia left Bayern like playing time?

Well those aint my money but still got feels he is not going to be fit like he should be. And 17m is pretty much for back up CB. But end of that. Just my opinion.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If we did not take the option then we would have probably strenghtened one of our rivals as benatia said himself he wants to stay in italy he would have gone to Roma or Milan.

For 17mil is a no brainer, he is a reliable, hardworking and respects the manager's decition if he's put on the bench. With barzagli going soon and chiellini not getting any younger, it's a perfect fit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When rival fans or neutral fans tell me Juves depth is stacked, one of the first players they mention besides Mandzukic is Benatia. It's kinds bizzare a top CB like that is 3rd choice right now. And when everyone are healthy 4th choice.

While in top football in general only clubs who have excellent CBs selection he wouldn't make it on is Real and the Bayern he left. The rest, they basically all have defenders I would say are inferior to him, except for PSG depending on wether Thiago is having jekyll and hyde season or not.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Hes better than Pepe when 100% fit. Better than Boateng too but Bayern is a nationalistic club that will always pick the German player (kinda like us :beppe:)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When rival fans or neutral fans tell me Juves depth is stacked, one of the first players they mention besides Mandzukic is Benatia. It's kinds bizzare a top CB like that is 3rd choice right now. And when everyone are healthy 4th choice.

While in top football in general only clubs who have excellent CBs selection he wouldn't make it on is Real and the Bayern he left. The rest, they basically all have defenders I would say are inferior to him, except for PSG depending on wether Thiago is having jekyll and hyde season or not.

We can discuss about ramos, but pepe and varane(for now) arent better then Benatia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)