Maxi Rodriguez (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Well we usedto have a thread but I guess its gone now go I made a new one.
This news is quite interesting:

Juve To Swap Tiago For Maxi?

Juventus and Atletico Madrid could be set to swap Tiago Mendes and Maxi Rodriguez, according to Tuttosport.

Tiago only signed for Juve from Lyon last summer in a €13m deal, however he has been a huge flop in the Italian league.

The Bianconeri tried desperately to offload him during the January transfer window, but were disappointed when the player rejected a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Atletico Madrid were also linked with a transfer during that time, and many people believe that Tiago turned down Spurs because he was holding out for a move to the Spanish capital.

Tuttosport says that Atletico have now contacted Juventus again about doing a deal this summer.

Representatives from the Spanish Liga club have met with their Juve counterparts for initial talks. During these discussions Juve have asked for Argentine attacking midfielder Maxi Rodriguez.

The 27-year-old, who holds Italian citizenship, is most famous for scoring probably the best goal at World Cup 2006. The flying winger has flair and trickery, something Juve have been sorely missing this season.
Goal.com

Well what do you guys think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
I just posted the same article in the Tiago thread...

If it's true (regarding that they got Tuttosport as source), I would love it we pull this deal through.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I doubt that Tuttospot has any information about who contacted who, but Maxi for Tiago could be a good deal, hell every player from Primavera could do the same job Tiago is doing in Juve right now, and we must sell him as fast as we can. I`ve only seen him in WC2006 (no interese in La Liga), and he was damn good.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
I doubt that Tuttospot has any information about who contacted who, but Maxi for Tiago could be a good deal, hell every player from Primavera could do the same job Tiago is doing in Juve right now, and we must sell him as fast as we can. I`ve only seen him in WC2006 (no interese in La Liga), and he was damn good.
Him and Aguero are Atletico's best players.
He scores, he makes plays, he runs, he takes on defenders.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Have any of you actually seen Rodriguez play? Or are you assuming he is good cause of FM? :D

Any info would be appreciated

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Maxi is usually a very good and direct winger, not top class but good enough. This season though he has been dissapointing at times and has not held his usual high standard of previous season. Bit of a slump.

And ofcourse this tuttocrap deal is total bogus, would be absolute steal to swap Tiago with him, even if one would add money.

OP
Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9
    Maxi is usually a very good and direct winger, not top class but good enough. This season though he has been dissapointing at times and has not held his usual high standard of previous season. Bit of a slump.

And ofcourse this tuttocrap deal is total bogus, would be absolute steal to swap Tiago with him, even if one would add money.
    :agree: he would be a step in the right direction for us if we want to have a competitive Champions League. And a lot would also depend on if athletico get into the C.L

OP
    Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    Everyone has to have seen this it has with his weak foot aswell which goes to show something about his ability

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Agreed, His performances havent been top notch this season, but still scores a fair amount of goals for a winger, injuries have taken their toll on him this season..but he'd be a fairly good acquisition for any top team imo. I certainly wouldnt mind him in my team.

Mar 30, 2006
    This would be a great deal. As Maxi is a good goal scoring creative mid.

But Maby we could get a left sided mid off Atleti??

Reyes or Sabarosa would be more needed by us and I have heard rumors that they might leave.

I would probably pick Simao out of the 2 but Reyes can defn play too.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
    This would be a great deal. As Maxi is a good goal scoring creative mid.

But Maby we could get a left sided mid off Atleti??

Reyes or Sabarosa would be more needed by us and I have heard rumors that they might leave.

I would probably pick Simao out of the 2 but Reyes can defn play too.
    Reyes has problems

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    true but he might be able to get over them here? i am just a fan of his left foot.

Simao is a harder worker and would be a good pick up. Plus he is more of a mid and can play a number of positions.
    If it is my choice i would take simao, but atletico paid 20 million euros for him last summer so its highly unlickly that he'll come. reyes is inconsistant IMO, can be great sometimes and can be really disappointing. Maxi is great, hard working player always willing to give his all and can play as (LAM, RAM and CAM) would be great for juve :rulz: .......

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)