Maxi 42-team Serie A proposed (1 Viewer)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Seven said:
We only think that's great because that way Juve's ass is saved. A ridiculous idea IMO. Sure, perhaps sending Juve, Lazio and Fiorentina down would to an extent penalise teams in B, but hey.
Indeed. The silliest idea I've heard in a while. Juventus relegating isn't a reason to totally change the way Serie A is played.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic said:
A 42 teams league :lol:. Season's would take longer than a year to play out.
Not really as the idea suggested is to divide the teams in three groups. Three smaller leagues will be played at the same time and then a playoff. Did you actually read the article or you jumped to comment on the size of the league immediately? :p I blame your hangover :biggrin:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
One thing of merit from this proposal is that it recognizes that Serie A needs a cleaning of the house. Some clubs are certainly more guilty than others of ethically shoddy behavior -- and some are perhaps less guilty than others by sheer fact that they have fewer resources and means for abuse. But I get the sense that this is a systematic problem and not something that will go away because a few teams are singled out and made examples of.

And I think it's systematic enough that even Serie B isn't exactly stocked with innocents either. We need only look to Genoa last year in light of this recent scandal to recognize that these stories aren't wholly unrelated.

Lega Calcio needs a code of ethics and administrative changes to better prevent situations of abuse and, their frequent source, conflicts of interest. Club punishments should follow, but that's secondary to what's really necessary to avoid slapping a bandage on the situation and hope everything works out honestly in the future. Then it's just a matter of when this will happen all over again (or at least when it gets caught).

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
swag said:
One thing of merit from this proposal is that it recognizes that Serie A needs a cleaning of the house. Some clubs are certainly more guilty than others of ethically shoddy behavior -- and some are perhaps less guilty than others by sheer fact that they have fewer resources and means for abuse. But I get the sense that this is a systematic problem and not something that will go away because a few teams are singled out and made examples of.

And I think it's systematic enough that even Serie B isn't exactly stocked with innocents either. We need only look to Genoa last year in light of this recent scandal to recognize that these stories aren't wholly unrelated.

Lega Calcio needs a code of ethics and administrative changes to better prevent situations of abuse and, their frequent source, conflicts of interest. Club punishments should follow, but that's secondary to what's really necessary to avoid slapping a bandage on the situation and hope everything works out honestly in the future. Then it's just a matter of when this will happen all over again (or at least when it gets caught).
Absolutely

So we shouldn't fear so much what might happen to this club in particular, but rather hope that everything gets dealt with in a proper manner and that we'll have a clean and honest football system in Italy from next season on.

I think that's what we all want.

Oh yeah, and that Milan suffer more than any other club after the verdicts :p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Andy said:
Pure stupidity. I do not see a point in mucking up an entire season just because Juventus is favored to win Serie B.
Not only Juventus, what if four other teams got relegated with Juventus?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Till now the teams involved are:
Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Inter, Fiorentina and 2 or 3 more (can't remember). We are talking about 6 or 7 teams might get relegated. A very tough decision and needs more time to decide. Hence this idea will give more space for investigation and will manage to get the league starting without delay..
I think it might be a solution.
Only problem is, who will participate in next years european championships? This solution does not solve thsi problem.

Dec 26, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Inter, Fiorentina and 2 or 3 more (can't remember). We are talking about 6 or 7 teams might get relegated. A very tough decision and needs more time to decide. Hence this idea will give more space for investigation and will manage to get the league starting without delay..
Only problem is, who will participate in next years european championships? This solution does not solve thsi problem.
Just imagine Serie B with all of those teams :smoke:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ZAF3000 said:
Dear god! You're absolutely brilliant! Let's NOT punish these teams! How come no one else thought of this splendid idea yet?

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
it is silly idea....42 teams in 1 year..impossible..2 games a weak????? every weak it will 1 or 2 injury player....impossible..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)