want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lol seriously - all you anti-icardi’s need to accept we need a striker like him
What on earth are you rambling on about? He’s been progressively getting worse for 4 years now. Culminating in a season at a powerhouse PSG even worse than Morty’s thus far. You think coming into this mediocre Juve side is going to be the spark Icardi needs? :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What on earth are you rambling on about? He’s been progressively getting worse for 4 years now. Culminating in a season at a powerhouse PSG even worse than Morty’s thus far. You think coming into this mediocre Juve side is going to be the spark Icardi needs? :lol:
We need someone a lot better. But truth is, we can't afford any of those.

If Morata is pushing his way out this January then who do we get to replace him? I don't think Scammaca is a viable option before summer but even in the summer is he the right guy? Not only he scored like 5 goals but he missed 50% of the matches this season. Vlahovic seems to be a wet dream.

So chances are high we can't possibly get a good striker in January, just no way. The obvious choice is a short term solution hoping we'd sign someone good during the summer. So who do we get?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
and you would tell him honestly right away so that he understands from day 1 where his place is, right?
That's bound to motivate him.

The issue with this toxic cunt Icunti is our dumb ass management might be tempted to bring him on board on a permanent basis if he has a semi decent output. If he sucks, then it would have been a waste of time and money. I don't think it's a gamble worth taking. In my opinion, it's a lose-lose situation.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
and you would tell him honestly right away so that he understands from day 1 where his place is, right?
No, but realistically by June this will happen:
"Icardi is a fantastic player. I've convinced him to stay, his 5 goals are proof that he is a goalscoring machine. Case closed"- something Allegri would say

Strickland

May 17, 2019
#PSG do not intend to accept the loan proposal for #Icardi. Leonardo said that if #Juventus really want the player they should buy him permanently or on a loan with obligation to buy. At the moment the bianconeri are not interested in this formula.

[@TUTTOJUVE_COM]
Pls Leonardo, no one really wants Icardi, including his past or current club.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
yet you expect allegri to be 100% honest in front of the press

dude :rofl:
I don’t know what Allegri thinks of Icardi. I made up that hypothetical quote because that’s something Allegri would typically say/think about crappy players. I’m only waiting for him to come out one of these days and say that he is pressing for De Sciglio's renewal, or something retarded like that.

But this is the problem. You don’t have to go full ad hominem against specific players in interviews to be “honest”, but for all we know, Allegri could genuinely think that Rabiot/Icardi/Arthur are brilliant players, in which case he is being honest, and that’s slightly worrying.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think be both need something different: him and juve. If you want my honest opinion I do think icardi has something left in the tank that will help us marginally for the rest of the season. PSG is one of those weird clubs where you either go and do well or drop the plot considerably. I still think he will be good here, you don’t simply lose instincts. A guy that has scored that many goals in his career doesn’t just stop at one point in time and never get it back IMO. Kean is fine for backup or the occasional start but we have zero players with that kind of instincts around the goal box. We need it badly and we can’t afford more than a six month with option kind of deal.

icardi could help us secure a top four finish and get our hands on money to spend next year maybe for a better striker

we played a ridiculously low staffed Napoli side with a makeshift starting 11 and we threw all of our offensive weapons at them and nothing. Took a slight deflection from a chiesa shot to draw even…that should worry everyone. Dybala, Kulu, kean, morata and Bernie hardly threatened. We need a striker badly.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a proud Anti-Icardi.
I wish you well. Happy to hear other alternatives up front but I’m not seeing any.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We don't need a striker really bad. Our strikers are isolated because our midfielders don't create, don't push forward, and don't press, Locatelli and McNuggets (sometimes) aside.

The team has no attacking impetus because we are static and our attacking patterns are haphazard. Yes, we do create sometimes and we have shots on goal, but most of those shots aren't actually threatening, because they don't come about as a result of team play, but rather individual moments.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
We definitely need a new striker. Our current strikers are terrible, all but Dybala have terrible first touches and non of them are ruthless in front of goal. We have wasted so many chances this season

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We don't need a striker really bad. Our strikers are isolated because our midfielders don't create, don't push forward, and don't press, Locatelli and McNuggets (sometimes) aside.

The team has no attacking impetus because we are static and our attacking patterns are haphazard. Yes, we do create sometimes and we have shots on goal, but most of those shots aren't actually threatening, because they don't come about as a result of team play, but rather individual moments.
We’ve got a lot of problems and you’re right about our attacking play being so limp that the priority should be elsewhere.

Having said that yesterday was a perfect example of Morata and how we need anything but him at the moment. The amount of times when we pushed forward and had no one at all in the opposition box… it’s so infuriating because our average midfield will definitely not be able to create if we don’t have our strikers in the right position. Kean looked more dangerous in this sense yesterday.

I hate Icardi, but he is a goal hanger and instinctively he’s so much better positionally than Morata. He probably would be an improvement

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We need a lot to improve but obviously can't fix everything this Jan. Midfield should be the focus, even if we could do with a top notch striker whi can finish. I think overall our forward and defensive group will improve if we can make this midfield a lot more solid.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
At this point I couldn’t care less about whether we keep Morata for 6 months or get Icardi for 6 months. It’s like choosing between a punch in the face or a kick in the balls. Neither player is going to turn our season around and neither of them are the long term future of the club.

Comparing their stats as well just proves both are pretty much past it. But what is more concerning is the complete lack of planning from our management team. We seem to now have been caught out by Morata wanting to leave now that he knows he doesn’t have a future and yet again we make a knee jerk reaction
I will choose punch in the face for future than kick in the balls, at least i can use a replace teeth if my teeth broken, but there are none replace balls if those are broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)