want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You guys keep missing the point. It's not worth making a player our highest earner when he turns up for like 10 games a season. We need to revamp our entire structure and we need durable players that we can bank on. It can't happen with such an unreliable player in the team.
You either build the team around him or you sell him. There's no in between here given his ability. And we can clearly see how spectacularly we're failing with the former.

And yes we need to get rid of the Ramsey's and Arthur's too before anyone brings that up.

Just because he's scored 100 goals and we lack a little bit of talent upfront, that's not a convincing enough reason to keep the player long term. We're spending way too much money on wages for undeserving players as it is and that culture's badly got to change.
Making our highest earner, but his wages are only going to see a relatively minor increase. Not much is actually changing. I don't believe we're built around him at all, definitely not since Ronaldo joined. We do need to rebuild, I think we can do it with Dybala. You disagree, that's fine. I'm not going to argue it and try to change your opinion.

Just know this though. Except in certain cases like Ramsey, any player in any sport can get injured at any time. Durable "iron men" can end up "injury prone" and vice versa within as little as two years. Can't bet on it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Kean had 19 goals last year. Icardi 13 in all comps. That’s a significant difference. And Kean did his in 2400 minutes, Icardi in 1700 minutes. If you take just league and CL it could be different. But if you take it that way Morata’s career stats are superior to Icardi’s.

I think i posted this earlier in some thread, that Icardi and Morata have basically identical career stats. One is 113 minutes/goal or assist and the other is 111 minutes/goal or assist.

Either way, he’s not an upgrade by any stretch of the imagination and his stats last season and now this season playing in a far better attack are significantly worse than Morata’s so why anyone would suggest he is some big upgrade is beyond me. You can’t seriously argue Icardi’s stats are better.

Icardi: 18 goals-6 assists - 2630 minutes - 110 minutes/goal or assist

Morata: 27 goals - 15 assists - 4402 minutes - 105 minutes/ goal or assist

so how exactly is Icardi the massive improvement y’all keep saying he is when he performs worse in a far better attacking team. C’mon. Morty isn’t good enough, but Icardi is even worse right now.
Icardi obv has flopped at PSG, far better attack or not, hes either washed up or just doesnt fit in that team/league. Once upon a time he was a penalty box beast at Inter who could sniff out half chances as well as anyone and definitely would improve our current attacking options. I guess Bini is hoping that guy will wake up, surely we're not too excited about the PSG Icardi edition.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You guys keep missing the point. It's not worth making a player our highest earner when he turns up for like 10 games a season. We need to revamp our entire structure and we need durable players that we can bank on. It can't happen with such an unreliable player in the team.
You either build the team around him or you sell him. There's no in between here given his ability. And we can clearly see how spectacularly we're failing with the former.

And yes we need to get rid of the Ramsey's and Arthur's too before anyone brings that up.

Just because he's scored 100 goals and we lack a little bit of talent upfront, that's not a convincing enough reason to keep the player long term. We're spending way too much money on wages for undeserving players as it is and that culture's badly got to change.
This.

also worth noting is its nearly impossible to find a formation for him. So when we manage to squeeze him in and then get gets injured we need to re-engineer the lineup all over again with entirely different kind of attackers.

dumb move to renew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)