want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Why is renewing Dybala all of a sudden the straw that breaks the camel's financial back considering we just got about €60M saved on salaries per year? And how would not renewing him get us the €70M required for Vlahovic?

Last edited:
May 26, 2016
Is the issue most people have with Icardi that he's a difficult player to manage?

Because from a footballing sense, he is a massive upgrade over Kean and Morata despite his recent injury struggles.
Besides being a total shitbag and a cunt: he is a static poacher. Not what we need imo:

He requires service and guess what, one of our biggest weaknesses is creativity, Especially in midfield.

I would rather see us sign someone involved in our build up play or at the very least a counter attacking player.

If he comes i could see him scoring goals, but our overall play & flow will stay exactly the same or even get worse.

I was for this transfer like a year ago/two years ago, because i despise Morata and want him out.

At this point i dont see the benefits of this move other than a "quick fix"

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Besides being a total shitbag and a cunt: he is a static poacher. Not what we need imo:

He requires service and guess what, one of our biggest weaknesses is creativity, Especially in midfield.
But we're creating a ton of chances and have some of the worst finishing in the top 10 so far. Just look at our xG. A poacher who can actually finish and not be offsides when he finishes (wink) would be kind of nice.

As far as his personality and being a shitbag, I think our dressing room with Bonucci Chiellini as leaders is a world difference compared to his time at Inter when he was asked to BE the leader. He knows he's coming here as an outsider, he knows he is having a bad run of form and needs to perform and impress. These things are mysteries to him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I would rather see us sign someone involved in our build up play or at the very least a counter attacking player.

If he comes i could see him scoring goals, but our overall play & flow will stay exactly the same or even get worse.

I was for this transfer like a year ago/two years ago, because i despise Morata and want him out.

At this point i dont see the benefits of this move other than a "quick fix"
If you ask me a poacher is what we need.

May 26, 2016
But we're creating a ton of chances and have some of the worst finishing in the top 10 so far. Just look at our xG. A poacher who can actually finish and not be offsides when he finishes (wink) would be kind of nice.

As far as his personality and being a shitbag, I think our dressing room with Bonucci Chiellini as leaders is a world difference compared to his time at Inter when he was asked to BE the leader. He knows he's coming here as an outsider, he knows he is having a bad run of form and needs to perform and impress. These things are mysteries to him.
Sure if you go by XG it's should be a good signing. Things dont always work like that in reality tho.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The trade off is Morty’s ability to body off defenders, pace, and pass for someone who is clinical at finishing in the box. Pretty easy decision

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

? PSG creates far more chances and he was out”poached” and benched by Kean just last year, and has 4 goals in 800 league and CL minutes this year. That’s abysmal. He’s 29 in February. Last thing we need is another high wage underperformer who has been declining every year for the past few.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the issue most people have with Icardi that he's a difficult player to manage?

Because from a footballing sense, he is a massive upgrade over Kean and Morata despite his recent injury struggles.
Based on 5 years ago? :lol:

He just got benched last season at PSG by Kean. :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why is renewing Dybala all of a sudden the straw that breaks the camel's financial back considering we just got about €60M saved on salaries per year? And how would not renewing him get us the €70M required for Vlahovic?
Not renewing Dybala STILL won't get us Vlahovic. We need a huge structural overall of this squad to include fixing midfield and our attack while not dismantling the defense. We have a lot of deadweight to get ride of but that's the depth we sadly have to rely on. That depth we still need to replace to have depth next year and that will cost money.

This Vlahovic talk is nonsense. People need to let it go.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
? PSG creates far more chances and he was out”poached” and benched by Kean just last year, and has 4 goals in 800 league and CL minutes this year. That’s abysmal. He’s 29 in February. Last thing we need is another high wage underperformer who has been declining every year for the past few.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on 5 years ago? :lol:

He just got benched last season at PSG by Kean. :lol:
How do you figure any of that regarding last season? He played like 500 less minutes than Kean in France, had 2 less goals than Kean, 4 more assists than Kean, a better ppg than Kean, a better xG than Kean. They regularly went back and forth between the two in terms of minutes for PSG.

Icardi: 27 appearances, 12 goals, 4 assists, 1360 minutes, 2.35 ppg, 5 times subbed off.

Kean: 35 appearances, 14 goals, no assists, 1898 minutes, 2.23 ppg, 17 times subbed off.

I'm not saying Icardi didn't have an up and down year and regularly get replaced by Kean last year but people around here talk like Icardi went 20 matches with 1 or 2 goals. This year Icardi has been far worse for sure. Again, its a risk for sure. He might be washed. But his wages aren't insane (half of 5.7m for the second half of this year) and if there's no obligation what's the risk? If there is some kind of obligation, I agree that Icardi isn't worth the risk and wages but for half a season to grab a known Serie A poacher who is struggling in France this year is worth the risk in my opinion for the second half of our season.

Nevermind that people are talking like Icardi got outpoached by Kean and yet Icardi is having an AWFUL year this year and still has more league goals than Kean this year. Which is it?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Icardi was also injured last season. Missed atleast 2-3 months i think. So that Kean comparison is overblown in my opinion.

He isnt going to be our saviour. Far from it. But let’s not pretend that he isn’t a better finisher than Morata and Kean. The toxicity he brings with him puts a lot of people off, which I completely understand, but he isn’t going to be as wasteful as our current striking options.

The top 4 race is going to go down to the wire and i would rather have Icardi upfront finishing chances that might make the difference between drawing or winning games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How do you figure any of that regarding last season? He played like 500 less minutes than Kean in France, had 2 less goals than Kean, 4 more assists than Kean, a better ppg than Kean, a better xG than Kean. They regularly went back and forth between the two in terms of minutes for PSG.

Icardi: 27 appearances, 12 goals, 4 assists, 1360 minutes, 2.35 ppg, 5 times subbed off.

Kean: 35 appearances, 14 goals, no assists, 1898 minutes, 2.23 ppg, 17 times subbed off.

I'm not saying Icardi didn't have an up and down year and regularly get replaced by Kean last year but people around here talk like Icardi went 20 matches with 1 or 2 goals. This year Icardi has been far worse for sure. Again, its a risk for sure. He might be washed. But his wages aren't insane (half of 5.7m for the second half of this year) and if there's no obligation what's the risk? If there is some kind of obligation, I agree that Icardi isn't worth the risk and wages but for half a season to grab a known Serie A poacher who is struggling in France this year is worth the risk in my opinion for the second half of our season.

Nevermind that people are talking like Icardi got outpoached by Kean and yet Icardi is having an AWFUL year this year and still has more league goals than Kean this year. Which is it?
Kean had 19 goals last year. Icardi 13 in all comps. That’s a significant difference. And Kean did his in 2400 minutes, Icardi in 1700 minutes. If you take just league and CL it could be different. But if you take it that way Morata’s career stats are superior to Icardi’s.

I think i posted this earlier in some thread, that Icardi and Morata have basically identical career stats. One is 113 minutes/goal or assist and the other is 111 minutes/goal or assist.

Either way, he’s not an upgrade by any stretch of the imagination and his stats last season and now this season playing in a far better attack are significantly worse than Morata’s so why anyone would suggest he is some big upgrade is beyond me. You can’t seriously argue Icardi’s stats are better.

Icardi: 18 goals-6 assists - 2630 minutes - 110 minutes/goal or assist

Morata: 27 goals - 15 assists - 4402 minutes - 105 minutes/ goal or assist

so how exactly is Icardi the massive improvement y’all keep saying he is when he performs worse in a far better attacking team. C’mon. Morty isn’t good enough, but Icardi is even worse right now.

Last edited:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
loan with option rather than obligation would be fine
if Icardi can find his finishing touch and preforms well we can discuss
also gives us a chance to try for Vlahovic and not have Icardi on our books aswell (I would 100% not sign morty permanently though)

if its an obligation then there is potential for issues

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You guys keep missing the point. It's not worth making a player our highest earner when he turns up for like 10 games a season. We need to revamp our entire structure and we need durable players that we can bank on. It can't happen with such an unreliable player in the team.
You either build the team around him or you sell him. There's no in between here given his ability. And we can clearly see how spectacularly we're failing with the former.

And yes we need to get rid of the Ramsey's and Arthur's too before anyone brings that up.

Just because he's scored 100 goals and we lack a little bit of talent upfront, that's not a convincing enough reason to keep the player long term. We're spending way too much money on wages for undeserving players as it is and that culture's badly got to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)