want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Honestly no idea but I assume he is on good money at PSG that we will be picking up. It is his form that concerns me most.
5.7m net so less than Sandro, Bonucci, Morata, and Szczesny. And obviously less than Rabiot, Ramsey, Dybala, de Ligt who are our highest earners.

Edit: and its not a full season loan so it'd be nearly half that. For 3m wages, I personally think its worth it IF its not an obligation to purchase but option. Or no purchase agreement at all although makes no sense why we'd take no purchase option. .

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Yeah we pay all of them too much. The salaries are an issue for us.
Right but if he comes at no loan fee, his amortization is 3m for 6 months. Obviously not ideal but we're bridging a gap not buying him. He is proven in Serie A, struggling in the farmer's league, and maybe we take advantage of some other team's misfortune and get a deal for 6 months of goals.

Our xG are horrible this year meaning we're creating chances ( a lot) and not finishing. Icardi is a poacher proven in Serie A, he fits the bill of what we're looking for short-term. Clinical striker who is Serie A proven and coming relatively cheap without any strings attached (hopefully). And it would be great if he bangs in a goal against Inter just to see the seethe.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was in his initial loan year of psg it might have increased afterwards but there is also the tax decree.
Looks like maybe not. Obviously these aren't 100% but as close to as possible. Salarysport is close enough to guess imo.

https://salarysport.com/football/player/mauro-icardi/

chrome_2021-12-22_14-05-38.png

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Right but if he comes at no loan fee, his amortization is 3m for 6 months. Obviously not ideal but we're bridging a gap not buying him. He is proven in Serie A, struggling in the farmer's league, and maybe we take advantage of some other team's misfortune and get a deal for 6 months of goals.

Our xG are horrible this year meaning we're creating chances ( a lot) and not finishing. Icardi is a poacher proven in Serie A, he fits the bill of what we're looking for short-term. Clinical striker who is Serie A proven and coming relatively cheap without any strings attached (hopefully). And it would be great if he bangs in a goal against Inter just to see the seethe.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like maybe not. Obviously these aren't 100% but as close to as possible. Salarysport is close enough to guess imo.

https://salarysport.com/football/player/mauro-icardi/

chrome_2021-12-22_14-05-38.png
If it goes ahead I hope it is a free loan but we will have to wait and see. Often the final deal ends up being worse for us.

If it was the same Icardi that left Inter you could maybe overlook the baggage. There is no doubt he was a good finisher. I'm not convinced he is the same player though , his scoring record has been poor in the past 2 seasons (Kean was preferred to him) and he has had injury problems including a knee injury. Maybe injuries have caught up with him or maybe he has earned his money and is unmotivated but his form is underwhelming at a team that creates chances.

I look at the squad and think a player who is not in great form, seems unmotivated and has a history of dressing room issues is the last thing we need.

I'm still not convinced in the chances we create. I know we have a good xgoal stat but when you watch our games, we aren't creating chance after chance. I'd also prefer a striker who can create something for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)