Mauro Icardi - ST - PSG (110 Viewers)

want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I have seen a few share of inda games in the past seasons and let me say that in icardi's case, spalletti always used his one dimensional tactic which it was hoof ball to the wings - cross to icardi. That was their only gameplay. He was unanimous criticized by it . I can't say for sure if spalletti was asking icardi to just stay in the box to receive passes but I do know that if he left that zone their only gameplan would backfire .
The other possibility would mean that icardi is just that limited technically, that you can't play in any other way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That probably made the numbers worse. But Icardi has pretty consistently put up the same passing/possession ranges over his career and was described the exact same way as before Spaletti. So for him to suddenly change into a player that is comfortable carrying the or making 25-30 passes per game well would surprise me. But obviously it’s impossible to know 100% - that’s why I go by what data and experts say.

The other thing is Spaletti doesn't have a history of limiting #9s. I mean Totti & Spaletti were the architects of Roma's false 9 revolution in 2007. So I tend to buy that it probably has more to do with Spaletti lining up his CF's role with his playing style.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Icardi played at inter where he was supposed to be the finisher, not the creator. Does that mean he can't do shit with the ball...?

So you'd rather have a Brazilian might be than a proven quantity. The tiki taka has risen to some people's heads... Even against Ajax where we were outplayed we had our chances but lacked a world class finisher outside of Ronaldo. An amazing passer like Dybala was nowhere to be seen yet you're insisting on more of that...
So you think Spaletti and former Inter managers told Icardi your job is to shoot to score and dont waste your time helping in the build up and "never" pass the ball?! I dont think so..
He can interpret his job in different ways as not everyone who play a role plays it the same but in any case I wouldnt want him here and think we can do better use of our money..

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Beppe Marotta has tried the exchange between Icardi & Dybala several times, But he has always found the door closed by both Juventus & the player. [Romeo Agresti] https://t.co/ylFYImv8fH

Icardi to Juventus is a track that still remains alive, but after the sales of Higuain & Mandzukic. [Romeo Agresti]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Beppe Marotta has tried the exchange between Icardi & Dybala several times, But he has always found the door closed by both Juventus & the player. [Romeo Agresti] https://t.co/ylFYImv8fH

Icardi to Juventus is a track that still remains alive, but after the sales of Higuain & Mandzukic. [Romeo Agresti]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
As expected.

We may need him or not.
Hate him or not.

I feel like we're after him and if we manage to sell Mario and Higuain, he's coming.

And coming for 40-45M not more.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So you think Spaletti and former Inter managers told Icardi your job is to shoot to score and dont waste your time helping in the build up and "never" pass the ball?! I dont think so..
He can interpret his job in different ways as not everyone who play a role plays it the same but in any case I wouldnt want him here and think we can do better use of our money..
Yes, I do think managers actually don't give too many responsibilities to players who have amazing scoring stats. That's not so crazy huh?!

I don't want the turd either but the criticism is often wrong. Tell me who so you want as a striker then? Do keep in mind Cristiano is not a prima punta and Dybala ain't either. So that could work in some or even a lot of games but we'd still need a true striker.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said there was anything wrong with being an area man. I just said it isn’t the best option for Sarri tactics and I stand by it. If the coach was Allegri, my POV would change.

Either way, there’s no point of arguing further. The numbers speak for themselves and I still haven’t seen any proof suggesting otherwise. When he hardly touches the ball, it's hard to make an empirical assessment and what he could do (unless you have access to Inter training sessions), so I'll go with the numbers and the view of experts. But everyone is entitled to their opinion so agree to disagree :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ex-players aren't experts, coaches are and that Argentina dude is probably one of the worst out there.

I guess we'll probably just have to judge him next season. Whether it's Juve or Napoli he'll be involved more in the build-up.

Aside from Icardi the build-up arguement is getting dull. Strikers are supposed to score goals, not create them. Tiki-taka has brains drooling over heel flicks and 'through balls while the simple essence of the game is and will always be scoring goals.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
hes another Juve "killer" like ROnaldo was, bring him on, I like him, just not his wife? lol we can have her shut no problem.
Oh yes total "Juve killer". Sometimes I lay awake at night in emotional distress over all of the scudetti Icardi's goals have prevented us from winning and no we have no control over a loose cannon like Wanda other than choosing to not associate with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah give me her sister over her any day.

Wow she is a real cutie. I hope :fab: got some of that too.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes, I do think managers actually don't give too many responsibilities to players who have amazing scoring stats. That's not so crazy huh?!

I don't want the turd either but the criticism is often wrong. Tell me who so you want as a striker then? Do keep in mind Cristiano is not a prima punta and Dybala ain't either. So that could work in some or even a lot of games but we'd still need a true striker.

- - - Updated - - -

Ex-players aren't experts, coaches are and that Argentina dude is probably one of the worst out there.

I guess we'll probably just have to judge him next season. Whether it's Juve or Napoli he'll be involved more in the build-up.

Aside from Icardi the build-up arguement is getting dull. Strikers are supposed to score goals, not create them. Tiki-taka has brains drooling over heel flicks and 'through balls while the simple essence of the game is and will always be scoring goals.
Well according to this the following players should have identical stats to Icardi in terms of build up and assists:
Lewandowski - Great goalscorer but Im pretty sure he is in their build up
Higuain - Someone already shown he is much more active in the build up the the first thing coming to my mind is his great assist to Dybala vs Tottenham
Kane - I remember him drifting wide against us to play the ball and Im sure that if you look at his stats/youtubes/actual games - You`ll see he is more active than Icardi

Your point is invalid..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Raja want worth a whole lot after the last season he had. Also Icardi was going to go cheep anyway with the way he acted the past season. For 50m I'll take him, after all he is a great player.
they bought nainggolan for 38m last season on a 4-year contract, so his book value is still pretty high (~28,5m). a minusvalenza on him is basically guaranteed, especially now that he's on the market.

as for icardi, marotta just confirmed that he's not a team player. would you pay _any_ money for somebody who won't integrate into a group, let alone 50m? it's a team sport, and this guy is a proven rotten apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)