Mauro Camoranesi (112 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I was thinking the same thing my friend but at least with Camo on the right we are guarnteed some quality crosses and we can spend big on the left.

Gio or Iago never got a chance under previous coaches as their not natural wingers so I can't see that trend stopping now.

Camo is real comfortable on the RW wing so if we use him sparingly like Man Utd use Scholes and Giggs he might be quite useful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I was thinking the same thing my friend but at least with Camo on the right we are guarnteed some quality crosses and we can spend big on the left.

Gio or Iago never got a chance under previous coaches as their not natural wingers so I can't see that trend stopping now.

Camo is real comfortable on the RW wing so if we use him sparingly like Man Utd use Scholes and Giggs he might be quite useful.
What is Iago if not a winger?

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I think he's more of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 winger. Not so much a wide player for a 4-4-2.
That's what I'd say. They're not the type to just go past their man and run towards the corner flag to deliver a cross. Iago and them shouldn't play too wide. They're better when they have some more room to cut inside, link up with, in our case, Diego and stuff like that.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I think he's more of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 winger. Not so much a wide player for a 4-4-2.
That's what I'd say. They're not the type to just go past their man and run towards the corner flag to deliver a cross. Iago and them shouldn't play too wide. They're better when they have some more room to cut inside, link up with, in our case, Diego and stuff like that.
And also not so much defending.
And there's that. Yup.
When I was talking about wingers as I stated in my previous post I was refering to them being deployed in a 442 thats why I says Iago and Gio arn't naturaly siuted to that position.

In a 4231 etc both players would flourish.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You're seriously comparing Camo's petulant red cards to the antics of Cassano and Balotelli?
Of course not, but he is a trouble maker regardless. I was just using Camo to highlight Lippi's double standards policy. He cites petulance and potential creation of disharmony as being a reason for not choosing Cassano, Balo, and even Totti, but yet has chosen one or two volatile characters who can cause problems.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Of course not, but he is a trouble maker regardless. I was just using Camo to highlight Lippi's double standards policy. He cites petulance and potential creation of disharmony as being a reason for not choosing Cassano, Balo, and even Totti, but yet has chosen one or two volatile characters who can cause problems.
Lippi chosen Camoranesi for this World Cup, because of the lack of good italian wingers at the moment.

May 22, 2007
Totti wasn't chosen because he was unsure of coming out of retirement for too long.

Something Lippi wants to achieve from picking players is getting a group harmony which few other managers are capable of. He's known Camoranesi for close to 10 years now and he was part of Scudetto winning squads at Juve. Look at 2006 for example, and how Camo fit in with the rest of them. Do you see Balotelli going a whole world cup without creating some sort of controversy? The thing with Miccoli and Cassano aren't related to this point because he didn't select them based on other issues he had in the past with both.

Dunga the Brazilian coach is another who is working for the group at the world cup, and he didn't drop Felipe Melo, given his idiocy in matches at times.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We see these guys on the pitch, but there is something we don't see and that's their locker-room, off the pitch behavior.

I don't want to find excuses for Lippi because I too wanted at least Cassano to make it, but we can't pretend that we know the relations between players. I remember that Cannavaro once (and it was recently I think, a year or so ago) said something about Cassano's negative influence and we can all assume how the other Azzurri players think of Balotelli (I guess that the little punk insulted all of them during matches). I guess Lippi is trying not to disrupt the harmony inside the team and when one talks about problematic players I think that's what he has in mind.
Cassano did change his on the pitch behavior, we can't say that he didn't. But we also don't know his relation with some Azzurri players. If Cassano insulted or was involved in a fight in the past with some of the Azzurri players, then that might reflect negatively on the whole squad.
With Camo we can at least exclude that because we know he's a good friend of most of the players going to South Africa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)