Mauro Camoranesi (9 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
This is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion considering Camoranesi's age and abilities, but perhaps Ferrara could throw him as a pseudo-right back from time to time? I'm just throwing stuff out there because I've got this sick feeling that a right back isn't in the cards.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Have some crazy idea... Cam Mauro play CM? Deep lying playmaker like D'Ago and Pirlo?
Remember, both of them (D'Ago and Pirlo) played before on different position and was no a very good. And when position was changed - they become a real monsters ;-)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He didn't really play deep, though.

As I recall it caused problems because he didn't go deep enough and it resulted in Sissoko having to take on more ball playing responsibilities (which isn't pretty).

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
that's true...but this time round Marchi could prove an effective outlet, and Camo definitely has the technique and passing ability to play that role well...might be a good idea...he would have to run around a lot less

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
that's true...but this time round Marchi could prove an effective outlet, and Camo definitely has the technique and passing ability to play that role well...might be a good idea...he would have to run around a lot less
I would have no concerns if we more to the new season with a midfield of:

Camoranesi-Sissoko-Marchisio

Diego
with

Salihamidzic-Poulsen-Zanetti

Giovinco​

as back up.

Edit- I forgot Tiago (goodness knows why), so we would be well covered.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
indeed, looks perfect...IMO we're over complicating things by trying to sign D'Ago, and sending out crucial youngsters out on loan, co-ownership bla bla bla...just trim the fat and sign a proper RB

Apr 19, 2007
I think Camo is best when he is in space and has the freedom to roam just like he did in recent seasons. If he played in th middle he couldnt be so free bc he would leave gaps in th middle. I would suggest we play a 4-2-3-1 and try that out as we could start with DP in behind with camo,gio or Diego all out wide rotating and also Gio and Diego could play in DP spot if he needs a break. Last year I forgot what game but it looked like Camo DP and Gio were all roaming and it was very confusing for the defense to pick up. I am against relegating Camo to a central spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)