Mauro Camoranesi (29 Viewers)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I have to side more with Dominic on this one. Camo has historically been much weaker in the middle than he is on the wing. Part of that is that he's lacked a good ability to pass upfield through traffic and he's lacked accuracy when shooting deeper inside the box.

We should only be playing him in the middle for the same reason we're playing Chiellini in the middle: lack of suitable alternative options.
He's being tinkered with (and really through no fault of Ranieri, this time).

This is OK. This team has heart....with a few class signings, we will be back to the Juve that we knew.:bigscarf:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Camo does have a knack of scoring in the games he plays as central midfielder.

Against Inter, this season.
Against Udinese, this season.
Against Lecce, last season(that wonderful solo).
Against Udinese, in Capello's first season (that one-two with DP).

And those are more or less all the games he played in the middle. I think he played only one or maybe two more games in the middle last season, when he had to partner Venitucci as Marchisio, Paro, Giannichedda and Zanetti were all unavailable.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He;s doing well in the center, he and Momo have struck a good partnership, but he is much more effective on the right imo, where his trickery and crossing could come in use.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Oh, but Zanetti-Sissoko at CM (or even including Nedved) is so much more solid than having Brazzo on the wing...
a simple look at juve games show that this midfield formation is the best ..

Nedved-------------------------Camo
----------------Sissoko
-------------------------- Zanetti

with the ability of Grygera and Zebina overlapping on the sides and DP assisting somehow few steps to the back ..

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
He;s doing well in the center, he and Momo have struck a good partnership, but he is much more effective on the right imo, where his trickery and crossing could come in use.
I think they big thing to take out of having Camoranesi performing at CM is the difference a good attacking player who's comfortable on the ball and a good passer can make being placed at CM rather than another DM.. e.g we play so much better and thus we win more games.. Ranieri, please take note

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ya they mite have something going on there :ultra:

i hope our coach doesn't F this up

Jun 13, 2007
:agree:

I have to side more with Dominic on this one. Camo has historically been much weaker in the middle than he is on the wing. Part of that is that he's lacked a good ability to pass upfield through traffic and he's lacked accuracy when shooting deeper inside the box.

We should only be playing him in the middle for the same reason we're playing Chiellini in the middle: lack of suitable alternative options.
Actually , Chiellini is playing in the center because he is a better Cb than he is a LB . I agree about Camo though , I think he plays to his full potential when he is on the right .

Nyla

Mar 26, 2008
Camo played great in the center and I love the communication he has with Sissoko but he was born to rule the right wing. I think he is even more comfortable on that end than the middle.:drill:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Camoranesi Set For Contract Extension

Juventus star Mauro Camoranesi is set to be rewarded for his recent fine form with a contract extension until 2011.

Despite an injury-hit campaign, the Argentine-born winger has been in stunning form in recent weeks, and last weekend scored the Bianconeri’s first goal in their superb 2-1 win over bitter-rivals Inter at San Siro.

Camoranesi’s current deal runs out in 2010, however Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has revealed that it is likely he will be offered a one-year extension until 2011.

"Last year we extended his contract until 2010 but if he continues to play in this way, then in a few months we will have no difficulties in stretching it until 2011,” said Secco.

“We are very happy with him for what he continues to give to Juventus. Our goal, with the champions that have reached 30 years of age, is to discuss their position season after season.

“Of course, we will always take into account their willingness to remain with us to and to continue a project that has started.”

Camoranesi was again in brilliant form last night, for the Italian national team, hitting the crossbar and impressing throughout, despite his side’s 1-0 defeat in Spain.

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)