Mauro Camoranesi (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

In truth he deserves to be there. There's still a long time between now and next summer but Toni's form at club level has been better than Vieri's and there's no doubt in my mind that he's a better player than the likes of Bobo, Iaquinta, Montella, Lucarelli and even Gilardino.
Personally, I believe Toni deserves a starting role. Almost every time I see the guy play he has impressed me...a very underrated player IMO. Toni certainly deserves a place in front of Vieri and Montella.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Personally, I believe Toni deserves a starting role. Almost every time I see the guy play he has impressed me...a very underrated player IMO. Toni certainly deserves a place in front of Vieri and Montella.
He has a great vision for the goal and amazing reflexes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Sadly though someone is going to be have to be sacrificed. Unfortunately, I havent seen much of Toni, but if you're saying he's as good as he is, and given that barring injuries, Totti, Cassano and Vieri are almost certainties on the flight to Germany. Who is Lippi going to have to leave out between Gilardino, Toni, Del Piero, Lucarelli, Montella (whose also been consistently exceptional last season), Iaquinta and DiMichele? Surely, both Gila and Toni wont go through because of their similar characteristics to Vieri's. And then there's Lippi's love for Del Piero to contend with. Quite a selection headache I'll say.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i dont think del p has any chance og going up maybe just a sub for totti but if he doesnt get playing time he wont get any chance

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Sadly though someone is going to be have to be sacrificed. Unfortunately, I havent seen much of Toni, but if you're saying he's as good as he is, and given that barring injuries, Totti, Cassano and Vieri are almost certainties on the flight to Germany. Who is Lippi going to have to leave out between Gilardino, Toni, Del Piero, Lucarelli, Montella (whose also been consistently exceptional last season), Iaquinta and DiMichele? Surely, both Gila and Toni wont go through because of their similar characteristics to Vieri's. And then there's Lippi's love for Del Piero to contend with. Quite a selection headache I'll say.
Well, if I was Lippi I would take Totti, Gilardino, Toni, Cassano, Lucarelli, and Del Piero to Germany.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
"It was a magical, unforgettable evening," reflected Toni yesterday. "A joy that I dedicate to my family, to my fiancée, who stayed close to me also when I was not scoring triples.

"I am happy, I have had an optimal preseason, Florence has inspired me and I want to thank again the president who made a large sacrifice to sign me."

Toni added: "I hope with this hat-trick I am closer to the squad for Germany. I want to give Lippi a problem.

"I had my problems in the final days at Palermo, but I have forgotten all that now. I want Palermo to have a great championship and I hope they want me to have success also."

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
toni was spectacular.
the way i see it,lippi will take 5 OR 6 strikers/forward to germany,and it cud well shape up the following way :

players assured of a place unless they get injured or have the worst season of their careers in terms of form :
1.gilardino
2.cassano

players in running for the other 4 positions :
1.toni
2.di michelle
3.di vaio(who knows,he might have a good season)
4.del piero
5.vieri
6.montella
7.lucarelli

toni and montella get the nod ahead of the rest.the other positions,del piero COULD make the squad because lippi knows him better than any other manager out there and he could get the best out of him.but he has to play for juventus in order to earn a place in the squad.
i dont see lippi doing with del pierp what enzo bearzot did with rossi at the 1982 finals ie selecting the player even though he did not have regular football and went through a very bad patch of form.but hey,you never know.
maybe lippi cud.

players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)