Mauricio Isla (8 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Then what made him one of, if not the best RWB in the league at Udinese? Anyway, seems likes he a goner. Marrotta met his agents today. He wants to go to Inter and they want him.
A common thing really. That is often a big issue for wing and fullbacks.

Juventus makes the play, press high. So there is alot of space behind him, wich he needs to manage. Positional awareness and decisionmaking suddenly become big factors.

At udinese, a rather counter based team, he never had those issues. he could fully concentrate on the offensive part.

And modern day football, really has very few fullbacks/wingbacks who are actually good at this.
Lichtsteiner and surprisingly asamoah, are very good at this. especially licht.

but it requires big stamina. Running 13+km per game. Its not for everyone.

remember in our top games when licht is totally destroying the opposing flank (and plays less the next 2 weeks), to be subbed out around 75th minute, when he's allready close to 13km run.
Thats one of the things that make him so damn great.

honestly i would sell pepe but he is too much of a personality in the squad.
Thats exactly why you keep pepe.
Players that keep the moral high in the dressing room are golden. They are the ones who take care of the players going trough a hard time, they are the ones that are a buffer when the team is not doing well.

i would never ever sell pepe as long as he's relevant as a player for this reason

Who's the better tackler Isla or Pepe? Both got an engine on them. Just thought IF we were in need. Shove peps there.
Pepe has perhaps the best aggression in italy, and is extremely good at pressing. He's like an asamoah for your 4-3-3. He is an attacker, but with the lunatic workrate of vidal and the agression of a pitbull terrier.

Tackling, i think they are somewhat simular. But pure defensively and tactically, Pepe is a very strong player for us to have.

You need to admire players for what they are. Isla isnt about the defensive part. He's supposed to be an offensive wingback for when you really need that offence.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
“Juventus want to count on the player,” agent Claudio Vagheggi said on Sport Italia. “Conte has said that he likes Isla and so, for now, my client will remain in Bianconero.
“However, as is often said at this time of year, you never know what will happen during the transfer window.”

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
:lol:

But I watched the game and was really happy with what I saw from him. Very active up and down, his side was spain weakest this game and he made very good runs foreword. the second best player yesterday imo.

With a bit more sharpness he can have a very good year ahead, albit as a second option but still

- - - Updated - - -

what position do he play for chili?
RWB

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I had the bad luck to watch the match listening to the commentator saying things like: "Isla was such a coup for Juve this summer. And they bought this great player for only 9.5m euro". In any case, Isla was really good and imo the best player of his team. Matches like this one were a regular occurrence while he was in Udinese and that's what made us buy him. He's yet to play this well for us.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Isla is a good player. But as long as Lichtsteiner keeps dominating, straight to the bench Isla goes.

He better get used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)