Mauricio Isla (151 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Good game against a team worse (technically and tactically) than what we'll face most weeks in Serie A.

I think it's clear he is a better wingback than Lichtsteiner (who isn't a wingback, funnily enough), but he has to prove he is the better option against key opposition.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Not only that, but he knows what to do with the ball. He challenges players instead of just panicking either crossing it somewhere or sending it backwards.

I feel for Licht, I really do. In 4-3-3, we can't think of any better RB in Serie-A, but as a RWB he gotta sit down for Isla.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Defensively Licht > Isla
Offensively Isla > Licht

Depends on what you're looking for. The biggest loser in all of this is Caceres who hasn't put a foot wrong really, but will clearly struggle to ever hold down a first team spot, while the likes of Isla, Licht and Barzagli are fit.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Defensively Licht > Isla
Offensively Isla > Licht

Depends on what you're looking for. The biggest loser in all of this is Caceres who hasn't put a foot wrong really, but will clearly struggle to ever hold down a first team spot, while the likes of Isla, Licht and Barzagli are fit.
Yeah, but Caceres can also play as a CB.

I really liked his performance on today's game. He give us way more depth on the right side. The only thing that I could complain is that one-on-one that he wasted.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
No I'm serious, I'd like names. All I can remember was Cheese crying that he was a pointless purchase, and a few moaning when he didn't get a lot of minutes at first when he was getting back into his groove.

I'm excited to see more of Isla, because the 3-5-2 will be a lot more justified with him in form. I love Lichtsteiner but I think we know which system suits him a lot better.
Never said that Isla wasn't a good purchase, i said that his purchase was unecessary because i always thought that the 4-3-3 is the way to go. And Licht is a Hell of RB and he still is.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
شيزيو;3921982 said:
Never said that Isla wasn't a good purchase, i said that his purchase was unecessary because i always thought that the 4-3-3 is the way to go. And Licht is a Hell of RB and he still is.
But it didn't stop you from moaning about it every single chance you got like an annoying little bitch.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Hold your horses, you never stopped moaning about Giovinco and you still do. I still stand by my opinion, i would've prefered if we spent the money on a striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)