Mauricio Isla (9 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I don't understand why he never tries to beat his man, specially when he doesn't lack in pace. He always slow downs the play and eventually give a pass back. He needs to be a little unpredictable on the wing.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He's in the process of regaining his confidence.

Hopefully he will make it, to play well in a very important match like this is a big deal. I'm glad Conte insisted on him. He was a very important weapon, in view of Asamoah's offensive inefficience.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Played ok, but he really looks like he's lacking a lot in athleticism and general coordination.

His lack of ability to change pace and direction makes him look like a semi-pro player. I really hope he improves that aspect of his game.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
As I stated after the game yesterday he played very well and it was his best perfomance in our stripes yet.

But one thing to note is that Napoli tactically took the risk and dared Juve to play through Isla. They wanted Isla to beat them, not Kendrick. Sadly their strategy wasn't executed well at all so it doesn't really matter.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
As I stated after the game yesterday he played very well and it was his best perfomance in our stripes yet.

But one thing to note is that Napoli tactically took the risk and dared Juve to play through Isla. They wanted Isla to beat them, not Kendrick. Sadly their strategy wasn't executed well at all so it doesn't really matter.
no he didn't. average at best. still mostly clueless in offense

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I meant in general, although I personally think Asa was better than him against Napoli anyway.

Basically Isla Vs Napoli was at the very most, as good as Asamoah is at LWB normally. And that's not good enough.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Some people are definitely cutting Isla too much slack

Udinese valued his 100% at 18 million, we agreed.

So far, in a Juve shirt... He is awful going forward. He has no end product aside from the odd cross which any professional full-back/winger should be capable of doing from time to time. He loses the ball all the time with his awful passing, he can't dribble and he isn't particularly fast. His positioning is nothing special and he's an OK defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)