Mauricio Isla - Udinese - Right Wing Back/Midfielder (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Isla is an expert wingback in a 3-5-2. I have a hard time seeing us benching Isla.

And Licht played his best game in a 4-3-3, his offense is not good enough to handle the bigger offensive responsibilities a wingback has.
we will be a tactically orgasmic side...imagine switching up in champions league in the 2nd half switching from licht on the 4-3-3 to isla on the 3-5-2...opposing teams will be like "dafuq im runnin out of gas nigga!"

May 22, 2007
So it looks like we got 50% of two new players. I'm fairly confident Isla would make it into our first XI if we used 3-5-2, and it would improve the quality of our team using that system, he's more suitable to the wing back than Licht.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
That's great news! I like De Ceglie, but he's just not Champions League material.

Buffon
Licht - Barzagli - Chiellini - Isla
Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio (Asamoah)
Giovinco - van Persie - Vucinic

What an amazing starting 4-3-3 line up!
Just buy a decent striker and I will be more than happy with this transfer window!

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Pointless transfer of ISLA.
You dont see it already, but let me enlighten you.

Agnelli and Conte are building a team that can win the CL next season. Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio and Vucinic are all world class players, top-5 in their positions.

Plus too add some good players like Caceres, Giaccherini, Bonucci, Asamoah and Matri.

You need quality depth.

Now to add one of Cavani/Higuain/RVP/Dzeko/Giroud

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
The tactics, as long as we rely on Pirlo to organize our game will always require good runners and maybe that's one of the reasons we were successful this year. So Isla and Asamoah IMO are excellent deals if true, they will settle really well in Contes system. ISLA, VIDAL, LICHT, DE CEGLIE and ASAMOAH - just imagine what it would be to play against us with so much tireless runners.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You dont see it already, but let me enlighten you.

Agnelli and Conte are building a team that can win the CL next season. Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio and Vucinic are all world class players, top-5 in their positions.

Plus too add some good players like Caceres, Giaccherini, Bonucci, Asamoah and Matri.

You need quality depth.

Now to add one of Cavani/Higuain/RVP/Dzeko/Giroud
We have many positions that need upgrades before buyin someone in a position where we are the most covered with Both Licht and Caceres.

And for the love of God, the 3-5-2 won't cut it ine the CL. We played our best football playing the 4-3-3.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
30 mil for both of them is a good deal , i still hope that isla can play on the left like he can play on the right otherwise it would be a shame to bench lischt

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We have many positions that need upgrades before buyin someone in a position where we are the most covered with Both Licht and Caceres.

And for the love of God, the 3-5-2 won't cut it ine the CL. We played our best football playing the 4-3-3.
Licht for the 4-3-3, Isla for the 3-5-2. Plus Isla can play as a midfielder. Asamoah too. We'll have squad that is extremely versatile

We cant use the 3-5-2 in CL anyway, that system is too fragile against opponents who play either a 3 man attack or a 4-2-3-1 (pretty much every side ) considering you'll get too many 3 v 3 situations on counters.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

:tup:

I'm not tripping over this transfer either... unless the plan is to get rid of Lichtsteiner..?

fuck versatile - i want a starting XI of world class players. not a fkn rotation squad of hard workers..

Primitive

Jul 21, 2011
co-own :lol2: :lol2:

what a BOSS transfer from Marotta.
If he close this deal he will earn my respect(i've never imagined i would say that). Vidal, Licht, Pirlo, Caceres, Vucinic and now Isla and Asamoah - that deserve some praise and you can actually see he's trying to build smth. I just beg this deal is real!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)