Mattia Perin (1 Viewer)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Mattia #Perin is the goalkeeper with the highest percentage of saves (87%) in Serie A in 2022/2023 with those who played at least 5 games.

[Cesare Pepe via @AroundJuventus]

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i don't like this account, they love to remove sources from stuff they post.

according to fbref:
- save%: perin 90,3% (1st in the league), tek 72,3% (somewhere in the middle of the list)
- psxg-ga (which is the difference between the expected goals conceded and the actual goals allowed): +5,4 (1st in the league; 2nd is falcone with +3,6, but he played 26 matches, not 4), tek is at -0,1, so he's basically performing as expected by the statistical models
- even better: psxg-ga/90, so the last stat per 90 minutes: perin +0,71 (so he saves ~0,7 expected goals per match, which was helped by the penalty he saved but still excellent), tek is at -0,01, which means he saves what the average goalie can save, nothing less, nothing more. perin's sample size of 4 matches is a bit short of course, but for context, the 2nd on this list has +0,22, an other 4 goalies are between +0,1 and +0,2, which makes perin's +0,71 probably unsustainable on the long run. some of the best from other leagues: kepa +0,47, allison +0,42, neto (our ex keeper) +0,35 (all better than the rest of serie a), spain has 2 goalies over +0,3, ter stegen +0,22, oblak +0,12, sommer +0,37, neuer +0,31, donnarumma +0,12. anyway, you get the point.

i'd love to see this without penalties though. he also made quite a progress compared to his previous seasons, he still looks sharp as fuck this year. probably our only player who's performing way above expectations this term. it's clear by both stats and subjective evaluation that we're benching the better goalkeeper.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And let’s keep in mind that Perin extended for less wages just to accept a role as reserve.

Tek has two years left on his contract right? So next summer will be the logical summer to sell him.
jj rarely cared about logic lately. i'd put my money on tek staying until his contract expires: nobody will offer him similar wages. maybe if he ended up on the bench... :numnum:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
jj rarely cared about logic lately. i'd put my money on tek staying until his contract expires: nobody will offer him similar wages. maybe if he ended up on the bench... :numnum:
Tek probably needs to rot on the bench. Not fair to Perin that despite being the better GK, he has to play second fiddle to the Pole.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Wasn’t as convinced before as I was still a bit of a Tek supporter, but he deserves to be our #1 keeper from here on out imo. Top keeper. Looks so much more confident and assured than the Polish fella lately. I love the way he isn’t afraid to come off his line and go for crosses and corners.

Apparently he is seeing the same mental coach as Marcell Jacobs, the 100m gold medalist from the last Olympics. Hopefully there isn’t any punches to the stomach or garlic sweets involved in his sessions.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Perin is the better keeper, been saying it for months now.

However if you hope that Tek leaves before his contract expires, then you're in denial. After JJ he'll just retire. He doesn't give a fuck about his career anymore, he's already made it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)