Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We need ST & LB.Caceres can be back up CB.

Btw,Gio And Asamoah+Isla deals are all for 2/3 years payments,so i don't think it's 42...
Gio - 3.5 mil.
Asamoah + Isla is 14mil.
Caceres - 8mil.
Giac - 4.5 mil

~30mil

am i right?
No!
Caceres is not solid enough to be our starter CB in case Chiellini or Barzagli is injured suspended for an extended period or a critical match (CL semis, title deciders, cup finals etc)
We need an Asamoah class of CB, with his primary role as CB, as much as we needed Asamoah.

Actually its quite the double, it doesnt matter what sum we actually pay this summer, but what sum we commit.
For the Asamoah+Isla deal its 32mil, yes of course we will pay half of it next year, but under the same logic we should add to this summers budget the installements we are paying this year, from past years, for ex we are still paying installments for Melo, but we are not going to add them in this summers budget, as they were committed years ago.

Every year, we have a certain ammount committed for transfers, that probably is affected by past committments and current income, but we should past installments we will be paying, along with this years installments, or only this years committed sums to be fair.

It ussually is 50mil+money made from sales. Hopefully this year, being champions will help Marotta sell players closer to the prices we gave for them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Trez scored 14 in his first season IIRC, although he started the season on the bench. Not comparing Destro to Trez btw. I love Trez.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He is getting way overrated right now..I am afraid with so many clubs in for him ,this might turn into an auction.I actually hope we dont end up overpaying for him.

Actually Roma's offer for Destro was around 15m i believe which included some of their young players in their deal too..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For some reason I think Borini is the superior player/young italian striker compared to Destro
Possible, but I don't think so.

Both players move very well, but I think Destro's technique is quite a bit better.

Destro also has the physique that may allow him to bulk up a little and become a true CF.

Borini's stature means that he is always going to be confined to playing off a main striker or on the side of a 4-3-3.

No!
Caceres is not solid enough to be our starter CB in case Chiellini or Barzagli is injured suspended for an extended period or a critical match (CL semis, title deciders, cup finals etc)
We need an Asamoah class of CB, with his primary role as CB, as much as we needed Asamoah.
:tup:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I think a lot were sort of in that same position, being a bit underwhelmed (apart from the Vučinić fan club). First there was the news of that cash injection and everyone talked the money up speaking of big names, and we were linked with Sánchez and Agüero (even Rossi) before the money was spread out over a few players. I think the thing that worried me about Conte was that he hadn't been in such a position before, as a coach, and it was simply too much to be the sixth different Juventus coach since Calciopoli. Conte was Agnelli's choice though, so I think we found the guy that made the most important transfer of last summer. The thought of winning Serie A had never crossed my mind until that first match against Parma where everything came together (Pirlo's resurgence, the stadium, Conte's system), and I was very unsure of a few players (Barzagli, Bonucci, De Ceglie and his fitness, Pirlo and his motivation) before the season started. I think Beppe was a little old fashioned before Conte came along, thinking he was the man that made the team and the coach did the rest of the work. There were several players who admitted to receiving calls from the coach telling them the project and convincing them it is worthwhile, I think Beppe was even trying to sell Pepe/Bonucci that summer and Conte stopped the deals from ever happening. So yeah, I agree he's growing, dealing with new things because I don't fully trust his judgement in players (credit for Pirlo though, MVP). There were even reports of him getting into disagreements with Pavel over certain things last year, and I wonder about Elia.
Exactly man, exactly.

I agree it would be very irritating if he didn't get another left back this summer though, we sorted stuff out with De Ceglie and Chiellini changing it up but there simply isn't the strength in depth which we have on the other side with Lichtsteiner, Cáceres and Isla. I like De Ceglie, but I still have concerns over him keeping fit for an entire season.
Seriously, how could he go another summer without buying a dedicated LB? Ziegler on a free doesn't count; Conte isn't going to let that type of shit slide. :D

Just comparing the total wage costs of the club currently and one or two years ago, there isn't even an increase in wages with the increased quality of the squad. With the salaries of Iaquinta, Amauri, Elia, Krasić, Grosso, Del Piero, Motta, Pazienza all gone, I struggle to believe that the club cannot afford to offer something in the region of €7m (as much as Marotta would hate to do that). The club will enjoy the stadium revenue and return of CL revenue, shouldn't be that unrealistic IMO. The biggest downer is that we can't get Cavani because he's already on something relatively small, but I think someone like Lewandowski fits my description better, of someone showing a lot of positive signs without being too notable in the bigger competitions (in the CL and Euros his team didn't really perform that well). The same goes for someone like Giroud.
It was a significant part of the growing pains, he has done what he thought had to be done to pare wages, it was painful at times, but now we can grow sustainably. The future is very bright.

I've stated my opinion a few times regarding Džeko, I have no reason to think any less of him than I thought when he was at Wolfsburg. He's scoring well despite the minutes played (even scored one of the most important goals in the history of Man City), he hasn't had any major injuries and hasn't acted like a bitch over lack of game time. I don't understand any of the criticisms he's received since joining City (most of them are a load of bollocks, like he rejected Juventus when we couldn't even sign him at the time). He's well built, strikes the ball very cleanly, I'd still love him. It seems like we're on the same page though :D
I don't think either of us has ever doubted the player. He would be a massive addition, Dzeko is a quality striker and if he were to arrive, a lot of folks would be singing a very different tune in very short order. I would wager significant cash that he would be a prolific goal scorer in Serie A, there would be tons of service at Juventus, I have no reason to think otherwise, really.

Yep, we're on the same wavelength. I really like the pair from Udinese, I like that he's looking to bring in younger players like Pogba and Verratti to continue what the club started last season. I'm also a fan of Destro, even though it seems like we're going to be waiting a hell of a long time to get this Juve-Genoa-Siena-Inter situation sorted. If I recall correctly Conte even said that he admires Destro, Marotta certainly said it. Really hope we can get him because he could have a big career for either Juve or Inter, I hope the player realises that his chances of success as an Italian are a lot greater at ItalJuve :touched:
Hopefully Verratti gets sorted, now or next year. I'm interested to see Pogba's compete level, haven't watched the player other than Youtube.

ItalJuve - I do love having the spine of the Italian National team. These guys are already growing so much together, it's tremendous that they get that international experience. I think it's going to be an important draw for us moving forward, I really do. Would love to snag Balotelli out from under City. :D
I just see Destro sliding farther and farther away, though...

Regarding the second point, exactly. There should be lessons learned from the Secco era, in particular that summer when he splashed heavily on two names when the squad wasn't strong enough to facilitate the switch in formation.
:tup:
Yeah pretty much as I said earlier, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get a left back, I can't see the positives in playing Giaccherini, Pepe or Chiellini in the LWB role with the shift Juve has made towards a 3-5-2. They'll all work hard but I don't see the productivity that we could find from someone else. Senad Lulić is my recommendation, hey we could make BosniaJuve.

Regarding centre back, we just need one in case we find ourselves in the same situation of playing Cáceres-Vidal there. The squad depth they're building on is promising, and we've got ages so we'll see.
Definitely, there were some pretty obviously lessons to be learned from the Secco era. So much pain...

Juveguay, Chilventus, BosniaJuve... I'm good for any of those :D

:lol:

Yeah a friend mentioned Wenger's comments to me as well, I brushed it off when I brought up their success in winning any sort of trophy lately. I think a lot of people on here have at least one friend they'd love to act smug around if we signed a big player from the EPL.

I'll be on the look out for news stories of a naked man being arrested.
I'm sure a lot of those same people are still licking there wounds after yesterday's match!

C'monnnnnnn BEPPE!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I agree it would be very irritating if he didn't get another left back this summer though, we sorted stuff out with De Ceglie and Chiellini changing it up but there simply isn't the strength in depth which we have on the other side with Lichtsteiner, Cáceres and Isla. I like De Ceglie, but I still have concerns over him keeping fit for an entire season.

Yeah pretty much as I said earlier, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get a left back, I can't see the positives in playing Giaccherini, Pepe or Chiellini in the LWB role with the shift Juve has made towards a 3-5-2. They'll all work hard but I don't see the productivity that we could find from someone else. Senad Lulić is my recommendation, hey we could make BosniaJuve.

Watch Pepe make that position his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)