Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I dont think we will be hearing any concrete striker talk until we sell our surplus to raise money..

We've already spent 50m on the market..We have to hope that player sales generate decent amount of cash.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I don't hate Isla, i think he's a good player, but we should have priorities, we have one of the best RB in Europe, matter of fact we don't need Isla, we need a WC CF, we need a RW, we need a backup CB before we go and sign Isla.
I never said you hate Isla, ive been very careful there. I was talking about the transfer hate.

And Isla can be one hell of a RW, you will see it in the upcoming season. He can cover RB, RWB, CM, DM, RW... He is one of the most promising and versatile players in the Serie A, having him in the team is a blessing.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I guess it boils down to the same question as last season. Do we blow all the money on one spectacular player or get five very good ones instead. The latter seems to be the case. With isla, asamoah and destro also being moldable still.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
If you take from a economic perspective, if we buy let's say 3-4 talents for 10-15 million euro like Destro, It would cost as much as a RVP,Higuain,Cavani, especially when you take their paycheck to consideration to.

One talent could easily explode. Im sure players like Isla,Giovinco,Asamoah,Destro cold do that. 4 players for around 50 million euros, Thats what Cavani would cost us alone.

I know we need a top striker, but is worth to spend so much money on him? I rather see us buy a upcoming star lite we did with Zlatan or Trez. The problem is that I don't see a talent like that in the smaller teams right now.

I mean Benzema was in Lyon, Suarez in Ajax. That was players you could see would be class. Now you have Giroud who im not that sure will be a star. We should wait and a player like Suarez at Ajax or Benzema at Lyon will come throught, and when he does we must be ready

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If you take from a economic perspective, if we buy let's say 3-4 talents for 10-15 million euro like Destro, It would cost as much as a RVP,Higuain,Cavani, especially when you take their paycheck to consideration to.

One talent could easily explode. Im sure players like Isla,Giovinco,Asamoah,Destro cold do that. 4 players for around 50 million euros, Thats what Cavani would cost us alone.

I know we need a top striker, but is worth to spend so much money on him? I rather see us buy a upcoming star lite we did with Zlatan or Trez. The problem is that I don't see a talent like that in the smaller teams right now.

I mean Benzema was in Lyon, Suarez in Ajax. That was players you could see would be class. Now you have Giroud who im not that sure will be a star. We should wait and a player like Suarez at Ajax or Benzema at Lyon will come throught, and when he does we must be ready
but even they cost 30-35 mil €

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Suarez costed around 25 million eurous if im right, Benzema 30 million euros. Zlatan 16 million euros.

It's easier to buy from clubs like Ajax then get a superstar from big clubs. Why would Liverpool sell Suarez for market value. One wonder season in Pool and they could sell him for 50 million euros to clubs like PSG,Chelsea,Real,City,Barca. The time to sell Suarez now is stupid. They know the talent is there, and the value of him is not the best right now.

Torres and Dzeko is the players we could get this summer, with some luck ofcourse. Suarez if Pool is stupid.

But I really can't see any upcoming CF superstars in europe right now. So I don't blame Marotta for his options. Complicated to buy from big teams, especially players who they clubs want to keep.

Dzeko or Torres would be our only realistic dream this mercato. I forgot Jovetic he would be great to ;)

May 22, 2007
It's unavoidable that this team needs a few more players to properly cope with the Champions League as well, so I don't really understand why certain tv 'experts' make it a case of a couple of world class players or several good players. I agree that it's been an impressive start.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
:tup:Exactly. Young potential World Class talents will cost €30-40m in this market. Marrotta understands this. Juve has the money for that range.

As far as any WC guys coming this summer.. it's just a question of who is willing to come to Juve. I think RVP, Suarez, Torres and Higuain will stay with their respective clubs. No point in them leaving where they are - except maybe for Suarez. Cavani could probably be tempted, but a deal with Napoli for him would be very costly. I'm not sure what Marrotta has really for options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)