Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (130 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Too many unrealistic expectations on here - as usual.

The FFP considerations have to be factored in when decisions are made about budgetary allocation when embarking on a Summer mercato programme.

I admit that we are heavily overweighted with MF 's following the arrival of Asamoah, Giovinco and Isla.
With Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Giac and one or two others, whilst we are at our weakest in attack.

Nonetheless, although the asking price of RVP has reportedly reduced to around £25m, that kind of money (or for that matter any money we would need to spend on players like Suarez, Higuain and their ilk) may be a bridge too far when you add up not just the total spend on the players obtained so far, but the effect that it has on the payroll.

Van Persie will no doubt expect at least €5m a season at the very least. Despite the increased income streams from the payments/receipts for winning the Scudetto, qualifying for the Champions League, increased attendance capacity at the new stadium, large sponsorship deals with the likes of Jeep, there is still a big requirement to conform to FFP regulations.

Doubtless, Marotta and obviously the Juventus directors will want to strengthen the squad with the maximum budget possible in order to bring in the best talent possible. However, spending constraints will determine which players it will be possible to negoatiate for once Antonio Conte has expressed his strong preferences as to the kind of striker that will fit into the overall 'team ethic' and style of play, given a limit which is likely to be a net figure way below the asking price of the top European strikers current valuations.
This assumes we will be looking to PX an existing striker, say Alessandro Matri OE Quag to fund the deal.

If Conte is keen on Destro for the reasons I have mentioned above then we should back his judgement.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I really like our wage structure and am certain that it will do wonders for us come the impact of FFP. The most pertinent question, however, is if UEFA are actually gonna enforce any of this shit when they'll be looking at excluding the likes of Milan, Inter, City, Chelsea, Barca, Real, et al. The financial impact would be staggering - no way they have the balls.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont know how you expect he will come to Juve btw, he has just been sold in co-ownership agreement, he cant be bought, his full ownership can be decided next year. So for now, what can happen? For Siena and Genoa to decide somewhere they will loan him out for? (or one of them sells their half, unlikely without the agreement of the other).

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont know how you expect he will come to Juve btw, he has just been sold in co-ownership agreement, he cant be bought, his full ownership can be decided next year. So for now, what can happen? For Siena and Genoa to decide somewhere they will loan him out for? (or one of them sells their half, unlikely without the agreement of the other).
They can decide on it now, one of the teams can buy out the other's half and then sell the whole contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)