Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (106 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's a trick info :D

He might be the youngest Italian who scored 12 serie A goals, but he's not the best scoring 21 year old Italian. Cassano was also 21 when he finished the season with 14 serie A goals in 2003/04.Acquafresca was 21 when he scored 14 serie A goals for Cagliari in 2008/09. Gilardino was 21 when he scored 24 goals in serie A etc etc etc

Not to get into semantics here, Alen, but Destro was 20 for most of the season. That is what they are saying. He is the first Italian player of that age since Bettega to score 12 goals in a season. The other three that you mentioned were already 21 by the time their seasons had started

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not to get into semantics here, Alen, but Destro was 20 for most of the season. That is what they are saying. He is the first Italian player of that age since Bettega to score 12 goals in a season. The other three that you mentioned were already 21 by the time their seasons had started
It's almost meaningless difference. Acquafresca was also still 20 when his 14 goals season started and he was only 5-6 month older than Destro was at the beginning of last season. All of the mentioned players were 21 at the end of the season.

Also, Destro scored 7 of his 12 goals after he turned 21 :D

Anyway, the info about Destro being the youngest Italian after Bettega who scored 12 goals might be technically true, but it gives a wrong picture. Someone who was only 6 months older than him scored 14 (Acquafresca) and someone who was only 10 months older scored 24 (Gilardino). Technically true, but the difference is in days or months, not years.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's almost meaningless difference. Acquafresca was also still 20 when his 14 goals season started and he was only 5-6 month older than Destro was at the beginning of last season. All of the mentioned players were 21 at the end of the season.

Also, Destro scored 7 of his 12 goals after he turned 21 :D

Anyway, the info about Destro being the youngest Italian after Bettega who scored 12 goals might be technically true, but it gives a wrong picture. Someone who was only 6 months older than him scored 14 (Acquafresca) and someone who was only 10 months older scored 24 (Gilardino). Technically true, but the difference is in days or months, not years.

Alen, I get it. You don't like him. Fine. You could have saved yourself the time it took for you to look that up.

I do like him. I rate him.

We disagree. Cool.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Marotta alledgedly told gazzetta that Destro´s evaluation is between 12-15M.

I dont know if this is true, but it's obviously too much.

He also said he's not looking for stars, but for young players who want to grow and are willing to work hard and fit in Conte's system.

I'm really starting to have doubts about our top CF...

---------- Post added 21.06.2012 at 13:38 ----------

I haven't seen much of Destro, but honestly... he looks pretty ordinary to me. I agree that it's not necessary. Just sell Matri and get a top CF.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It probably says a lot about my state of mind that I frequently think BYOB when I see your name, rather than what you intended.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I don't like this, 2 seasons ago we signed Matri for 18 mil and I thought it was waay too much for a 26 year old at the time from Cagliari.

Now it seems we're ditching Matri for another "so called striker with potential" with another big price ( 15 mil if the report is true). I don't see this as a step forward for the team "at all".

Why don't we do a simple step (and a reasonable one). Save those 15 mil for next summer, keep Matri in the team. By next season instead of spending 15 mil on "a potential" we can actually afford to add another 15-20 mil (that's around 30-35 mil) and we can "easily" afford many top WC strikers out there in Europe.

I hate that small ass mentality that Marotta has, the man still thinks he's working in Sampdoria and not Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)