Mattia De Sciglio (43 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I kinda respect de Sciglios commitment to not giving a shit about marketing himself off the field. He’s gonna be one of those guys that seemingly fall of the face of the earth once they retire.

Aug 12, 2015
Juventus loanee Mattia De Sciglio believes he could have been useful at the Allianz Stadium this season. ‘I’m convinced I could have carved out a space’.
The 28-year-old was loaned out to Olympique Lyonnais during the summer, after having appeared once in Serie A 2020-21 for the Old Lady.
He has yet to start in Ligue 1 for Lyon but has appeared twice in the League after his move to the Groupama Stadium.
But the versatile defender believes he could have been useful for Andrea Pirlo’s 3-5-2 system at the Bianconeri.
“I’m convinced that I could have carved out a space,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “Since I can play left and right in the five, like at Euro 2016, or as a third centre-back like with Allegri.”
De Sciglio says Juventus will need some time to get going and points out the lack of a pre-season.
“There have been many changes and they are running-in, even if certain mechanisms should already be in place,” the defender added.
“It’s in the difficult matches, like against Barcelona, you will see it more. There was no pre-season and even if you train well, you will still pay for it.”
The former Milan full-back said Pirlo has similar ideas to Italy CT Roberto Mancini.
“He has the same attacking principles of Mancini, starting with the formation,” De Sciglio said. “The difference is that the national team only attack with one full-back, whilst under Pirlo both can alternate in the same match.
“This is an advantage for those who go to play for the national team."

:disagree:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
"I could have played", I would hesitate with such a claim. Given you have barely played any football since you came through in Meelan. Dude. You are always. always. always. injured. What are you going on about? Theoretically, yes, you could play. Khedira too (but, actually no, I take that back). Please... "I could have played"... it's just a poor joke.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Juventus loanee Mattia De Sciglio believes he could have been useful at the Allianz Stadium this season. ‘I’m convinced I could have carved out a space’.
He has yet to start in Ligue 1 for Lyon but has appeared twice in the League after his move
“I’m convinced that I could have carved out a space,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“This is an advantage for those who go to play for the national team."
The last line explains why he thinks he could have had more playing time at Juve than what he's getting at Lyon.

Apr 17, 2013
Is it true that he played only 164 minutes? @Raphaël
Still more than Daniela :stuckup:

Yet there's a whole bunch of morons in Lyon defense. (amazing Lopes performance again yesterday:sergio:).
He doesn't play a lot because he was out of shape (well we know his level when he's in shape). He only started against Metz match and the last match against Brest, otherwise he often come into play 10-15 minutes to keep the score.

It's @s4tch who will be happy, in 6 months his champion is back home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)