Mattia De Sciglio (86 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Closer to a CB than a RB nowadays. Doing well defensively though at least. Offers nothing in attack, can't even run fast enough to stretch the opponent laterally, nevermind vertically.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Closer to a CB than a RB nowadays. Doing well defensively though at least. Offers nothing in attack, can't even run fast enough to stretch the opponent laterally, nevermind vertically.
Pay attention to his movement. He drifts centrally A LOT more than say, Sandro does on the other side. I think that is his preference (or max's). Composed enough on the ball to play it centrally.

- - - Updated - - -

My man of the match. Absolutely rock solid at the back, didnt allow anything to get past him all game.
:tup:

Apr 19, 2007
Well, one is a backup for €12m, the other a starter for €40m.

Whilst he isn't as good going forward, he's a great defensive fullback and it's nice to have some tactical variation next to Alex Sandro, Cancelo, Cuads and Spinazzola, who are all more attack minded.
I completely agree and I think that hes a good player but it shows you how dependant we are on Cancelo right now. He adds so much width and danger to the side that otherwise we dont really get. Glad to have a quality RB as backup but shows how good of a player Cancelo really is for us

Apr 19, 2007
You could say the same for most of our fullbacks then. None of them are as strong defensively as Mattia, but they are all stronger going forward.
Its one of those things where when you are favored everyganme Marcelo is the best but not as much when under pressure. Cancelo would have made a big difference today but not been as good defensively perhaps bc we have better quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)